Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

OK. So tell me which Villa managers, presumably Premier League era only, do you think played 'decent' football?

You honestly think this is worse than McLeish? I can only assume you were hibernating that season. 

I believe remi should have stayed on.. He didn't get a single penny to spend and can play decent football. 

It's the only manager I let off in the last 7 years 

Mate cmon our football this season has been so bad it beggars belief 

1 hour ago, JE- said:

Bruce football is worse than mcliesh! 

I just literally don't think I can stomach much more of his garbage tactics 

When he takes off all our strikers in games aswell is just infuriating the negativity is so ripe in him.. 

The Richards saga and gabby saga alone should be enough to want to see the back of him 

We have one fit first team striker. When that striker is tiring, why keep him on when we have another game a few days later. You're basically criticising the manager for using his squad and keeping players fresh for the next match. Has he raped and murdere your family because you seem to be finding any excuse to put him down. For the first time in years we have won 3 on the bounce keeping cleans sheets in all. Surely he deserves some credit for that?

Edited by mikeyp102

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wait... You could have picked Big Ron, Brian Little, Gregory, O'Neill, even O'Leary, Houllier or RDM... You went for Remi **** Garde? Whether he CAN play decent football or not is irrelevant - he didn't here. Circumstances or not. 

You stated that Bruce taking off all the strikers is infuriating. He's done that once, when we were down to 10 men. Adomah played up front. 

I think you're posting for effect, or trolling, and I'm getting sucked in. 

He did in some games against lesser teams.. When you let Tim sherwood sign the likes of gustede Richards etc.. Then what can someone do they aren't magicians 

I believe any manager deserves to get playerd in.. Hence why when Bruce got his he ended up losing constantly

Tomorrow let's see I've alrdy stated he beats them I will give him credit 

Trolling for effect? Christ that's immature statement

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Disagree on Rondon. Awful footballer. He hasn't scored in what, 16 games? He's crap and he's holding them back. Rondon is not proven in any way, shape or form and I'd have Kodjia over him. Yes, at a team in 8th in the PL.

On the Pulis thing, he's had over 2 years there now. It's easy to say they're a better team than us, of course they are. They've had stability in the Premier League.

I'm not saying stability is a guarantee, but it's a darn sight better than what we've had over the last however many years. If Steve Bruce is doing only an average job with this squad we should go up next year, I'd back him to do that and rather that than yet another roll of the dice. 

Totally wrong. Had a good record in Spain and Russia as well as a decent international record (more impressive when broken down as you see he has scored a fair share of his goals against teams like Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Colombia. Not saying he's a great player but evidently has scored goals at a higher level than the Championship. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What did Garde do to suggest he was a good manager? Appointing him was the worst decision since Mcleish! 

I watch alot of football in Europe.. His 3 years of hardly any budget playing youth players with lyon is to he commended 

He wasn't given a chance at villa we will never know 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

And now he's had his players for a month we're winning consistently. Or does that not fit your MO? 

Sorry, I think the random fantastical comments you're making fit the mould. No other way of saying it. Either way, you live under a different bridge to me. 

Against league one standard opposition and a very poor derby away side... 

If he can't beat these teams then he definitely should not be here!! 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Totally wrong. Had a good record in Spain and Russia as well as a decent international record (more impressive when broken down as you see he has scored a fair share of his goals against teams like Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Colombia. Not saying he's a great player but evidently has scored goals at a higher level than the Championship. 

We're in the wrong thread so I'll keep this brief. He did OK in Spain looking at his record, nothing special. He's a big guy, he can bully his way to goals, but he doesn't do it nearly often enough for West Brom. He scores in patches then will go 10 games without showing. That is coming from a West Brom supporter and personally (a Villa fan, oddly enough!) he has never impressed me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE- said:

Against league one standard opposition and a very poor derby away side... 

If he can't beat these teams then he definitely should not be here!! 

OK. 

Not much point us going round in circles. Enjoy tomorrow, if you're going. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, JE- said:

The Richards saga and gabby saga alone should be enough to want to see the back of him 

Which sagas ? Neither is near the first team, or have been for a while. Bruce has encouraged them, what manager wouldn't ?

the saga as I see it is they are players at his disposal and he will use them if he has to. Nothing more than that.

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

This is what I keep reading, on a daily basis, and surely this part at least is fact, not just your opinion? Most seem to think it's more or less a guarantee we'll get promotion next season, if we simply stick by Bruce. Given what we've seen thus far, I'd say it's highly unlikely we'll get promoted with him at the helm.

I do however agree, the squad certainly is strong enough now, and I'd argue it was so before January too.

How can it be highly unlikely we'll get promoted with him at the helm? Of all the managers out there he is probably thee most likely to get us promoted! 4 promotions, who else has that many promotions from this league?!

• Like 1

I have to say, there's been some prize rubbish written in this thread in recent months, but the chap who wants to sack the manager now for failing to get the club promoted next season has absolutely raised the bar. 

It's guitar-playing after Hendrix, the world's changed now, everyone's gotta raise their game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JE- said:

Bruce football is worse than mcliesh! 

I just literally don't think I can stomach much more of his garbage tactics 

When he takes off all our strikers in games aswell is just infuriating the negativity is so ripe in him.. 

This is such utter bollocks. 

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

How can it be highly unlikely we'll get promoted with him at the helm? Of all the managers out there he is probably thee most likely to get us promoted! 4 promotions, who else has that many promotions from this league?!

Yes I am well aware of his past exploits. That is the past. There's of course the possibility he'll repeat this, however as I said, based upon what I've seen thus far, I find this unlikely. You don't have to agree with me!

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Yes I am well aware of his past exploits. That is the past. There's of course the possibility he'll repeat this, however as I said, based upon what I've seen thus far, I find this unlikely. You don't have to agree with me!

But what you're seeing I'm sure Bruce is seeing/has seen, if it's so bad then surely Bruce clearly has the credentials to address it, they maybe in the past his exploits but tbf one of them was less then a year ago, the man clearly knows what to do and what is required and how to play to get out of this league. And I don't want to be proven wrong haha. 

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

But what you're seeing I'm sure Bruce is seeing/has seen, if it's so bad then surely Bruce clearly has the credentials to address it, they maybe in the past his exploits but tbf one of them was less then a year ago, the man clearly knows what to do and what is required and how to play to get out of this league. And I don't want to be proven wrong haha. 

If and when there is evidence of such a turnaround, I'll happily change my point of view!

1 hour ago, JE- said:

He did in some games against lesser teams.. When you let Tim sherwood sign the likes of gustede Richards etc.. Then what can someone do they aren't magicians 

I believe any manager deserves to get playerd in.. Hence why when Bruce got his he ended up losing constantly

Tomorrow let's see I've alrdy stated he beats them I will give him credit 

Trolling for effect? Christ that's immature statement

So hang on, Garde can't be blamed for the signings of Richards or expected to do anything with them yet you have different expectations for Bruce and the mess he inherited for Sherwood and Di Matteo? Seems a little contradictory, again.

I agree with you, managers should be given opportunity to get players in but they should also get an opportunity to build a side with them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JE- said:

So now we've put to bed the myth Bruce spends loads of money, lets move on to this one.

What exactly is this Richards saga? I mean granted, the last time I saw him play he looked like he might be eligible for membership but I'm scratching my head trying to work our what this is and how Bruce is any way responsible. 

I'm also struggling with the logic of you giving Garde a free pass because he inherited Sherwood's misfits and then you talking about a saga with Richards, who was signed by.....yep Sherwood.

Yet again you are contradicting yourself in your rush to be critical of Bruce.

• Like 2

Â