Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

Starting to throw players under the bus. 

Only a matter of time. Not a chance he is here next season. Quicker we move on the quicker we can prepare for an important season. 

We've seen how players react to this and its not pretty. 

Bruce already deflecting the blame from himself and is surely beginning to make himself unpopular with both players and fans. 

It cannot last much longer as I cannot seebthe situation improving. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who would we replace him with? Who can do this job? 

Warburton is free at the moment.

He came close to promotion with Brentford and took rangers back to their premier league, where arguably he was working at a club with the same stature and expectations similar to ours. 

I like his football too, it moves and flows mainly on the deck.

I think he's old enough for players to respect but current enough to be able to relate to them too.

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bruce already deflecting the blame from himself and is surely beginning to make himself unpopular with both players and fans. 

It can't improve. There's no way performances and results will pick up enough in the next few games to save him. 

We might as well get it over with now. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who would we replace him with? Who can do this job? 

At this point your at just get someone in for damage limitation , 2 more losses and we are staring at 3rd Tier football.

The players here before the window are going backwards the ones brought in are shadows of players they were at previous clubs ..Wtf happens when players join Villa ? 

Like I got with Lambert at the end I'm sick of his excuses , I didn't like how against I think it was Brentford he said he knew why fans booed he wanted to join them.No Steve your not a fan paying to watch this shit your the manger so don't try and coin favour with I'm on the fans side bullshit.Since results turned he had turned on the cliche excuse crap and it's pathetic.

He choose players in window he choose to bring in a league one experienced rookie keeper , a midfielder with no experience of English football who hadnt played for 6 weeks ,used Ayew to bring in a bog standard LB this is on him and he needs to man up and stop passing the buck or hand in his notice and retain some dignity 

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Warburton is free at the moment.

He came close to promotion with Brentford and took rangers back to their premier league, where arguably he was working at a club with the same stature and expectations similar to ours. 

I like his football too, it moves and flows mainly on the deck.

I think he's old enough for players to respect but current enough to be able to relate to them too.

Binned off from Rangers due to underperforming with better budget than other teams bar Celtic , poor signings and inability for team to keep a clean sheet ...

Cant believe how this has turned out for Bruce, was so convinced that he was the right man for the job but at the moment he really isn't showing any signs of being a good manager. A man of his experience shouldn't be on a run as bad a this. I can see we are starting to create chances but the lack of goals in a team with the quality we have shouldn't be restricted to 1 goal a game. Teams all over the league are scoring (and conceeding) 2 or more regularly.

Not sure if I want to have him sacked yet, more due to lack of options than giving him time. 

He's making it very hard to defend the position of we shouldn't be looking to sack the manager.

I still think he has to be given a bit more time to make sure this is unsaveable, but if I were Dr X, I'd be making preparations to bring someone else in.

Time is ticking Steve.

If someone could guarantee me that we wouldn't go down this season then I would stick with Bruce, give him a full pre-season and go again next year. The problem at the moment is that nobody can see where the next win is coming from and if we aren't careful we're going to have a bloody good League 1 team (apart from Johnstone).

35 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I don't think bruce is deflecting it at all. He might be doing really shit but he openly said he might have changed too many players too quickly. So he isn't doing a complete Sherwood.

The thing is the players do need to take responsibility they have been utter garbage

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I just don't see the point in sacking yet another manager. Hasn't once made a difference. Having the players play under different staff every 6 months is a recipe for disaster. 

Generally, I agree - however it seems that having the player play under the current manager is a recipe for disaster.

I have absolute no idea how we're doing so badly.  Part of me is convinced that if I was given the job, I'd be able to scrape a win somewhere (granted, likely losing another 6 or 7 games in the process).  That would beat our current form!

We're not going up.  If I were Xia, I'd be tempted to sack Bruce off and get a promising young manager in, give him the rest of this shitfest to decide who he likes and then give him time to build something decent at Villa.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think he has to be given a bit more time to make sure this is unsaveable

What????? So we hang around until the position is 'unsaveable'??? 

In my opinion it's already unsaveable by Bruce and many more defeats and our league status (lolz) will be unsaveable by anyone. 

He should go now but probably has until after the Newcastle game. 

Xia has a difficult choice - sack Bruce and appoint the best available candidate now or sack Bruce, bring in a caretaker and find someone in the summer when more choice is available. Both sub-optimal choices but on balance I'd go for the latter (and hope to get Wagner if Huddersfield fail)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Xia has a difficult choice - sack Bruce and appoint the best available candidate now or sack Bruce, bring in a caretaker and find someone in the summer when more choice is available. Both sub-optimal choices but on balance I'd go for the latter (and hope to get Wagner if Huddersfield fail)

I question whether he has lost the dressing room - the gabby and Ross episodes plus his farcical choice of keeper have left many questions whether he has the players playing for him .

we look a shambles now and yet in his first 10 games we looked a decent side at times.

i can only see heavy defeats to Newcastle and derby and his position will weaken rapidly if that happens.

Edited by Eastie

Â