Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm all for giving them time. I stuck with Lambert until Christmas in his final season. I would've given RDM another half dozen games than most.

But what we are watching is awful, and the results are awful, and it's with good players.

And I don't just mean performances, selection, tactics, substitutions, explanations, the whole lot is appalling.

At the moment he is going to get us relegated. 

Fwiw I would still stick with him. I was earlier than many in saying hisvtavtics were awful but I've said all along give him time and, purely on principle, ( not on signs of progress) I would still give him time.

But whereas logic says until the end of the season there is no way we could do that if we continue to fall.

In addition points alone wouldn't make me want him next year.

I said at half time yesterday I didn't even want us to win playing like that and was not alone. The last thing I want is for those tactics to be vindicated in the short term because in the long term they will get us nowhere.

I think most fans think that if this continues, he won't make the season end.

Whether thats right or wrong is immaterial.....I think thats what will happen.

• Like 1

He's got his players in, now he needs a bit of time to get them settled and I think his record in this division means that he deserves that time.

The last 3 games have been losses but we've gone from 3-0 to 2-1 to 1-0 and really, we should have won yesterday. One win really could be all it takes to get a run started and finish the season strongly, so we go into the pre-season on a positive note.

We desperately need stability at the club. I think we've got the right players and right manager in order to get promotion but don't be fooled, it takes time. 

• Like 2

Just now, lexicon said:

He's got his players in, now he needs a bit of time to get them settled and I think his record in this division means that he deserves that time.

The last 3 games have been losses but we've gone from 3-0 to 2-1 to 1-0 and really, we should have won yesterday. One win really could be all it takes to get a run started and finish the season strongly, so we go into the pre-season on a positive note.

We desperately need stability at the club. I think we've got the right players and right manager in order to get promotion but don't be fooled, it takes time. 

Cracking progress, let's hope for a 0-0 next game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think most fans think that if this continues, he won't make the season end.

Whether thats right or wrong is immaterial.....I think thats what will happen.

and it should happen because League 1 football is unthinkable.

Can't flig a dead horse but Adomah didn't start and Lansbury played as virtually a 7th ( if you include the GK) defender.

The runs Hogan made were terrific, but there was nobody playing in such a way as to find him

Anyway, I don't think I've left anything unsaid or unsupported by reasoning... 

we shall see what next week brings,

• Like 2

Our current outfield spine is Chester, Lansbury, hourihane, kodjia and Hogan.

All proven excellent at this level. Let's not pretend he's signed gambles from a different country. 

This shouldn't take a long time to stop being outplayed nearly every game and losing nearly every game. 

Bruce was the right man when it looked like we had a decent championship team and could potentially go up this year. It made perfect sense to replace RDM with him. 

But that has all changed now. This is a team that needs to be put together with coaching and a style of play implemented consistently. As a club I've think we've changed a lot from the point RDM was sacked and Bruce is no longer suitable to the club it's obvious we've become. 

Any time persisting with his outdated ideas and approach to the game is time wasted IMO. And with FFP, I really don't think we can afford to waste anymore time with someone like Bruce. 

We're going to get to a point where he's sacked and the next go has limited funds. We have one more proper chance to add real quality in the summer, I really hope Steve Bruce isn't given it. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, dukes said:

No thanks

I've been posting here just over 12 months and been right about Bruce, RDM, Xia, Garde, Elphick, Ayew, Grealish, Gil, Gueye, Clark, Traore, Gollini, Jedinak, Chester, Baker.

All against popular opinion.

That's just off the top of my head and I could add more.

Edited by Michael118

Another week's passed. Same shit, different day. Once again he's resorted to negative tactics at home. It's becoming impossible to defend him. 

I couldn't care less if we lose a majority of the remaining games, as long as there's a glimmer of hope for the future, and some actual progress happening. Sadly there is none.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I've been posting here just over 12 months and been right about Bruce, RDM, Xia, Garde, Elphick, Ayew, Grealish, Gil, Gueye, Clark, Traore, Gollini, Jedinak, Chester, Baker.

That's off the top of my head and I could add more.

You're amazing. 

Kozak in the starting line up yesterday was your brilliant idea yes?

• Like 1

I think when he came in Play-offs were his target and we havent even challenged for them all season. He came with a brilliant record in this league but he just doesnt cut it anymore at this level

Once survival is assured(cant believe I am typing that about a Championship team that spent about 80 million in the season) we should sack him and build for next season

• Like 1

Just now, Michael118 said:

Yes it was and I received the same criticism from you last season for including Gil.

And he was absolute garbage last season. As had kozak been nearly every time he's played. Did you see his last performance when he won his competition to get a run out at derby?

Just now, DCJonah said:

And he was absolute garbage last season. As had kozak been nearly every time he's played. Did you see his last performance when he won his competition to get a run out at derby?

He wouldn't have been garbage if he was used properly under a good manager. Same goes for Kozak.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Once survival is assured(cant believe I am typing that about a Championship team that spent about 80 million in the season) we should sack him and build for next season

Jesus, we have to wait until the last game of the season?

I would certainly question some of Bruce's decision making at the moment and recent results are arguably a reflection of some poor choices he has made.

However, momentum is a big thing in football. If (big if!) we were to win our next game theoretically the players might start to play with more confidence and results may improve.

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of Bruce yet but would let Bruce use the rest of the season for him to implement his ideas and show that he has a better plan than he is showing at present.

If there are not material signs of improvement come the end of the season then, I believe, it would be best for us if we went down another route with a different manager. UTV.

Come on Brucey bring a bit of fun back to match days and set us up in a more attacking fashion please.

Â