Next Villa Manager

Richard

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Chris Coleman anyone ?

No way.  Only if he can bring Bale and Ramsey, which is the only reason he's not doing crap at Wales.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Chris Coleman anyone ?

Good shout but I reckon he might stick this campaign out.

Can't see Wales not qualifying for the World Cup, by which time his stock will be even higher and he could get a mid table Premier League job at the least.

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The bottom four on that list make Sherwood look like Alex Ferguson!

Both sherwood and garde were set up to fail. In fact looking back at sherwoods record, with the players he had at hand, he now looks like a miracle worker. 

Lambert has a good history of buiding teams in lower divisions, but we hounded (dont get me wrong it was a painful time)him out when the real problem was higher up.

Didnt 'eck' even get the scum promoted?

There's no simple answer is there? Whoever comes in now is effectively using another mans tools to do the job, and whilst its great to have an ambitious owner, it doesnt exactly lift the pressure in helping this brand new team come together.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Very alarmed at the amount of people on social media that want Sherwood back.

Perhaps they think sacking him just once wasn't enough...

I'd take MON too...

but not the spectacled one. I want Michael O'Neill.

Surely he must realise that he can't do much better with NI and this would be a good chance for him. (of course, every manager we've had recently has been sold that story ;))

This job is a huuuuuuuge opportunity for someone. Tony has now demonstrated the type of owner he is and there will be managers like Dyche (please, please, please) who will take a second look now they know there are funds a plenty at villa.

1 hour ago, GodsBarkeep said:

We've all overlooked the fact that there's one man who knows the club inside out, has grit and determination as well as hundreds of appearances for the club, and can lead the team to glory both on and off the field:

GABS.jpg

Appointing him as manager could be a nice way of getting him out the club as we sack him one game later

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dubliner said:

He got them promoted, kept them in the Premier League in his first season and had a few bad results in the second Premier League season.

As soon as they sacked him it went pear shaped with two successive relegations.

Also got Ireland through a group with Holland and Portugal unbeaten to get to the 2002 World Cup.

Not saying he's the best out there, but the evidence is there that Wolves were better off sticking with him (which IMO is also the case with us and Lambert)

I agree on Lambert, he did do rather well when you consider what came after. The Dr has one hell of a job to do picking a new manager, its a worry especially if uses the same selection technique used for RDM, who on paper looked good.

Think he needs to really look at how anyone short listed has handled the squads on a day to day basis, how the team have played over a number of games, actually watch their teams past performances to make sure their balanced teams to start with and that tactical changes during the matches are successful. Also get some information on how he handles the players behind the scenes, if they respect him and if he can cope with losing a few games. Do they pick a team with players in their natural positions, not playing strikers in the midfield  , assemble a squad that is balanced in all areas and ones that minimizes injury risks all with their given budget. 

Anyone watching our set pieces, over the past few seasons, could have seen the real lack of proper preparation on the training ground, our throw ins have been next to hopeless giving possession away time after time, corners terrible, hardly any goal threat of even consistency in who takes them or the type of delivery.  This indicates a lack of leadership, we can all see it but the managers seem to have missed it or haven't prioritized it.

Dr do not panic, take a real good look at the managers we can get and check their teams performances out using logical and thorough methods. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So ambitious he went to Sunderland and repeated the mistakes he made here.

He is another of yesterday's men, his methods and football belong in another era and so does he.

He is in semi retirement with Ireland and I don't see that changing and hope it doesn't to see him return to B6.

Oh yeah? Youve failed to mention how well ROI did this summer - even with the handicap of ciaran clarke in the squad.

And we managed to offload him to newcastle, so just think what a force we'd be

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Difficult one because I've pieced that together from past rumours, media talk, something I heard yesterday during my fifteen minutes, which was again more rumour than fact. That kind of stuff. It's a little bit unfounded, basically, but I believe in it. 

Confirmation bias. !

Managers who would get us promoted.  Thats the bottom line.  Anyone else is a gamble.  Forget about their style of play or history.  We can sack them once we get to prem.

Steve Bruce

Neil Warnock

Mick McCarthy

Martin O'Neill

Chris Houghton

Big Sam

Nigel Pearson (Possibly but not sure if Walsh was man behind Leciester)