Next Villa Manager

Richard

Martin O'Neil for me as he at least got the players playing with passion.

I too am a fan of Simon Grayson and have been suggesting him since before Sherwood. He has a good record and it would be nice to get someone in with previous experience at the club. I know that doesn't make a massive difference all the time but I do think that it would be nice to have a manager who has the club at heart.

Just now, villarocker said:

Martin O'Neil for me as he at least got the players playing with passion.

I too am a fan of Simon Grayson and have been suggesting him since before Sherwood. He has a good record and it would be nice to get someone in with previous experience at the club. I know that doesn't make a massive difference all the time but I do think that it would be nice to have a manager who has the club at heart.

I really couldn't stomach O'Neill coming back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dubliner said:

He got them promoted, kept them in the Premier League in his first season and had a few bad results in the second Premier League season.

As soon as they sacked him it went pear shaped with two successive relegations.

Yep and RDM won the Champions league. Wolves fan I spoke to said his team selections were nothing short of ridiculous and i base my opinion on his observations, he is a season ticket holder who watched the whole thing unfold.

4 hours ago, tinker said:

McCarthy would be a disaster, ask any Wolves fans 

He got them promoted, kept them in the Premier League in his first season and had a few bad results in the second Premier League season.

As soon as they sacked him it went pear shaped with two successive relegations.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Yep and RDM won the Champions league. Wolves fan I spoke to said his team selections were nothing short of ridiculous and i base my opinion on his observations, he is a season ticket holder who watched the whole thing unfold.

Also got Ireland through a group with Holland and Portugal unbeaten to get to the 2002 World Cup.

Not saying he's the best out there, but the evidence is there that Wolves were better off sticking with him (which IMO is also the case with us and Lambert)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kwoktolai said:

Why would MON come back? not that I mind - but surely he can aim higher

WTF - wash your mouth out with soap and water water man,......., Higher ???? - There is no higher ?

Allardyce would be my top appointment.  If he’s thick skinned enough to come back into the limelight straight away, which I think he is (both physically and mentally :P) he would at the very least stop us conceding so many stupid goals!  Plus he’d be well up for sticking it to Newcastle!

Bruce worries me for two reasons – firstly he spunked a shed load of cash on his Hull squad the year they went down and it did nothing.  Secondly they went on a really bad run towards the end of last season just before scraping through via the playoffs.

Wagner – I admit I know nothing more than what he’s done this season, but on paper he looks like the ideal long term choice.  Plus you’d hope he’d get a few loanee’s from Klopp in January!

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Only at Villa would it come a time where Sam Allardyce would bizarre become exactly what we need but he himself become unemployable.

I honestly can't think of anyone gettable that I'd really like, I just hope he can do the following:

Put out a team which consists of midfielders.

Puts players in thier correct positions.

Wins some games. 

This would mean he would instantly become the best of the last 3 managers we have hired.

UTV. 

0-10-0 formation?