Telegraph corruption allegations (non Fat Sam)

TrentVilla

This is going to get very very messy, Fat Sam was just the first head to roll...

Eight current or former Premier League managers stand accused of receiving “bungs” for player transfers after The Telegraph found widespread evidence of corruption in the English game.

As Sam Allardyce lost his job as England manager following the Telegraph’s disclosures about his conduct, the Football Association faced a separate crisis over the alleged bribery of managers.

Its not like they aren't earning enough anyway. It all so nasty and grubby and theres such a gulf in class between the top european managers like Pep and Klopp and the British managers. Crappest crop of English mangers ever. I only rate Howe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know, but they've done the sting on Allardyce, if they've got allegations against others they should show those as well

Two very different things. 

They have Sam on tape, he has condemned himself and they have a factual account of what he said.

With these other 8 they have no such thing, they have a banned former agent making unsubstantiated allegations.

That is why they've not named them, as hey would be in danger of being sued immediately for defamation and millions in damages.

The only chance of the names coming out is if the allegations are investigated by the Police and/or the FA as papers can then report on that as a matter of fact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

They should all be named and shamed

The agent all but named one of them (number 8 ) didn't he ?

( won't give any clues as per the red ink )

Edited by tonyh29

One or two you can join the dots based on details provided with a high degree of probability but yes, not going to say anymore, other than its not a surprise. If it happened 20 years ago with George Graham its obviously going to happen now.

You know it happens all the time, when a club signs a player for a hefty fee that no one's ever heard of, not even the manager. (And I don't mean Wenger, beacuse the dodgy players end up never actually playing, his are properly scouted, and make it to the first team.)

7 minutes ago, jon_c said:

You know it happens all the time, when a club signs a player for a hefty fee that no one's ever heard of, not even the manager. (And I don't mean Wenger, beacuse the dodgy players end up never actually playing, his are properly scouted, and make it to the first team.)

IloriLoanCancelled.jpg?fit=640,360

Â