Telegraph corruption allegations (non Fat Sam)

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So now the agent at the centre of all this says the accusation about the PL managers was a lie....

I wonder if someone topped up his pension.

maybe working on the assumption that as there's no proof and it's not in his interest for him to be telling the truth, he might as well deny it. Or try to. Might look ridiculous if the telegraph have got reams and reams of footage of his words of course, but in the PR battle, it's the only defense he's got. 

I've googled the list that alleges who the eight are. Won't post it here. (edit --- and won't PM anyone it if asked who it is in case it's dodgy legally to do that, in case it's bull too and high chance it is). Obviously it's speculation but IF that list turns out to be true it's pretty damning for the current premier league in terms of the potential for heads to roll during a season. Who knows. 

IF the list is true I'm not surprised by a couple but highly surprised by some. The game is in a sorry state. When they said '8 managers current and former' did they mean they had these 8 on film? Or just "evidence" on the 8? Because as time goes on and they drip feed their snippets, some when revealed will shock the game a little. 

Edited by Midfielder

redknapp's a strange one and a bit different, he said that he knew his players were betting on themselves to win

in the grand scheme of things its breaking the rules and they should investigate the players but throwing the book at arry because he didnt report players gambling? its not actually that  bad IMO

9 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

When they said '8 managers current and former' did they mean they had these 8 on film? Or just "evidence" on the 8?

It's seems to be the word of some dodgy piece of shit agent that's already been banned from the game for previous offences, but we'll see.

What's worrying though is he says something like 'who gives a sh-- about that' when referring to betting on the match. With my tin hat on, there could be a lot wrong with that, whereby there's a vested interest in an outcome of a game rather than the result playing out naturally. There's the potential for that anyway, not saying that's happened. 

Just now, Midfielder said:

What's worrying though is he says something like 'who gives a sh-- about that' when referring to betting on the match. With my tin hat on, there could be a lot wrong with that, whereby there's a vested interest in an outcome of a game rather than the result playing out naturally. There's the potential for that anyway, not saying that's happened. 

It's a problem from a bookie's perspective; the players have insider knowledge, and on the specific game, towards the end of the season, odds are long because the bookies assumed Harry would play a week team, the players may have known otherwise.

In principle, a player betting on themselves to win doesn't seem that big a problem, but of course, they could always be colluding with their mates in the other team.

I'm not particularly outraged though. I'm amazed that this is all they could pin on Harry...

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The Redknapp news isn't really all that.

We all know he's dodgy. His dog has an offshore bank account ffs.

That made me laugh. I forgot about the dog. Whilst being iffy in terms of its moral compass, you have to admit that is one hell of a clever dog. It doesn't fetch sticks or chew Dentistix, it's more of a fan of money laundering and tax evasion.

In fairness, a jury of his peers concluded that he'd done nothing wrong in having a hidden offshore account in the name of his dog. From which I can only conclude that football managers earn far more than your average juror.

3 hours ago, rubberman said:

I wish our players would bet on themselves to win.

They probably get an even better return betting on a draw...

We've had 7 so far, with loads of goals conceded in the dying minutes :ph34r:

I've got a good book on football corruption. Unsurprisingly 'arry crops up a few times, especially his dubious transfer dealings at West Ham, leading to the chairman at the time Terry Brown asking the premier league and FA to investigate, only for Peter Scudamore to brush it all under the carpet. However, 'arry doesnt appear as much as his 'hero' who mentored him in the ways of transfers, Terry Venables, who has a few chapters dedicated to him. Reading about spurs its the one time a felt a wee bit of sympathy for  Alan sugar.

Wasn't Chris Coleman sacked from Fulham and basically ostricised from the game for a period for highlighting he corruption in the game and trying to name names?

Shows how the 'old boys club' is still existing in the game.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Speaking of 'arry, I know one of the investigating officers from his case who is still pissed off with local police's botching of evidence gathering. Said there was so much they couldn't use due to how it was gathered locally, but that I wouldn't believe some of what my mate twitchy was upto that even had  the serious organised crime unit staggered.

Guilty as hell, totally corrupt were the less damning of phrases used to me.

I wonder how Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan are feelig right now?

Shame 'arry cant read this thread, what with having the reading age of a 3 year kid. So his defence team said anyway.

Â