Telegraph corruption allegations (non Fat Sam)

TrentVilla

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Sadly I doubt they will be named.

Then the whole thing is a bit pointless. I'm sure everyone involved in football knows what goes on behind the scenes but unless you can name the people involved and have evidence of wrong doing then nothing will happen. One man's word against another "un-named for legal reasons" man is pretty meaningless.  

• Like 2

that is the nature of the under the table dealing though isn't it. It requires hush-hush anonymity as they know it's dodgy and rule breaking. You only will get names with sting operations seeing them incriminate themselves. The defence for some already is "he was telling tall tales to impress clients" is clearly ludicrous but how do you prove otherwise?

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Then the whole thing is a bit pointless. I'm sure everyone involved in football knows what goes on behind the scenes but unless you can name the people involved and have evidence of wrong doing then nothing will happen. One man's word against another "un-named for legal reasons" man is pretty meaningless.  

Well that's up to the FA and Police if they start looking into it then potentially that can be reported.

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

They should all be named and shamed

Until proven guilty they shouldn't be named. 

Are we suddenly taking the word of football agents as gospel now? 

Yes, i'm being a devils advocate :D

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Until proven guilty they shouldn't be named. 

Are we suddenly taking the word of football agents as gospel now? 

Yes, i'm being a devils advocate :D

Only Agent Dave can be trusted.  :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Fair play to QPR board for still sticking by JFH. Very easy for most boards to use this kind of thing as an opportunity to come out of it looking whiter than white and boost perception. They have basically said 'nothing to see here, move on'

Fair play? I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

Â