Players who you just don't like

Xela

On 5/27/2017 at 10:15, Dr_Pangloss said:

The fact that this little piss ant is considered a football 'hardman' shows how soft the game has become. Imagine what would happen if a player like Vinnie Jones got his hands on him, he'd either disappear for the full 90 or fake an injury to get subbed off.

I think this is pretty ignorant to be honest. Herrera is a very good passer of the ball and he commits probably the most tackles/interceptions in the league together with Kante - he is no pussy and it probably the first player on the sheet for Mourinho. Football has luckily developed a whole lot since the 90's and Vinnie Jones was never a proper footballer, he was a thug - someone who would never play a single game at this level in this day and age, he couldn't pass a ball five yards. Who cares about Vinnie Jones? Using your example, every footballer in the world would "disappear or fake an injury", it does not really just extend to just Ander Herrera.

I like Herrera, he gets stuck in and always gives 100% even though he might not have the biggest frame. We could use a few players like him with the same mentality if we want to promote next season.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2017 at 11:09, VillaChris said:

Who actually considers Hererra a hardman?!

He's just one of these midfield players who gets a bit niggly, same as Cesc Fabregas. 

I don't know, but stats show that he is one of the players making the most tackles and interceptions in the league. So yeah, he is among the workers in the league even though he can also score and pass a ball nicely. He is literally nothing like Cesc Fabregas, so I do not understand how you can compare the two - other than both being Spanish? Fabregas is a passer and a playmaker, with a much better foot contributing with assists/goals - Herrera is much more mobile, makes tackles and short passes, he does not have the same role at Fabregas at all..

5 hours ago, Papillon said:

I think this is pretty ignorant to be honest. Herrera is a very good passer of the ball and he commits probably the most tackles/interceptions in the league together with Kante - he is no pussy and it probably the first player on the sheet for Mourinho. Football has luckily developed a whole lot since the 90's and Vinnie Jones was never a proper footballer, he was a thug - someone who would never play a single game at this level in this day and age, he couldn't pass a ball five yards. Who cares about Vinnie Jones? Using your example, every footballer in the world would "disappear or fake an injury", it does not really just extend to just Ander Herrera.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Papillon said:

I don't know, but stats show that he is one of the players making the most tackles and interceptions in the league. So yeah, he is among the workers in the league even though he can also score and pass a ball nicely. He is literally nothing like Cesc Fabregas, so I do not understand how you can compare the two - other than both being Spanish? Fabregas is a passer and a playmaker, with a much better foot contributing with assists/goals - Herrera is much more mobile, makes tackles and short passes, he does not have the same role at Fabregas at all..

I compared them as both get a bit petulant and niggly when oppenents catch them late with tackles, Beckham used to be a bit like that aswell in his early 20s.

Vinny Jones also scored an amazing volley at Highbury for Wimbledon in I think 1997, was at the back post and just smashed it in no questions asked.

The cloggers who contributed little to the game other than winding up opponents and being dirty were the likes of Michael Brown and Stephen Hunt, not a fan of those two at all.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Seb Larsson just generally makes me angry. Not even because he played for Birmingham, he just looks like he's probably a bellend.

He is the best pointer I have ever seen, just beating Westwood. Standing accomplishing nothing but pointing at everyone else to do his job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He is the best pointer I have ever seen, just beating Westwood. Standing accomplishing nothing but pointing at everyone else to do his job.

Jimmy Bullard was a brilliant pointer as well. crap footballer and somebody for this thread :)

Manchester City have given Nolito permission to speak to Sevilla as he moaned that his time in England was 'like living in a cave'.

During a bizarre interview in Spain, the winger claimed his daughter Lola's face had changed colour because of the North West weather.

They are comments unlikely to go down well in Manchester after last summer's £13.8million signing from Celta Vigo failed to live up to early season hype.

**** off, you word removed.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

if you join a club for money and pocket a small fortune i dont see how you can moan about your time there

I dunno... not playing?  Feeling isolated?

People seem to think money = everything.

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I dunno... not playing?  Feeling isolated?

People seem to think money = everything.

What I mean is he must have known he wasn't going to play so my sympathy has gone, he was going to be a squad player living in Manchester and now he's bitter because he didn't play many games and had to live in Manchester? Shouldn't have gone there but he took the money so I've got no sympathy for him

• Like 2

Reminds me of Reyes when he moved to Arsenal and complained it got dark in London at 5 in winter and everything shut. :D

It's hardly likely he's alone there, Silva has been in Manchester for years and also all the Argentine players.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Reminds me of Reyes when he moved to Arsenal and complained it got dark in London at 5 in winter and everything shut. :D

It's hardly likely he's alone there, Silva has been in Manchester for years and also all the Argentine players.

Ye-e-e-s, but people don't necessarily know how they will react to different climates and hours of darkness until they experience them. 

I hate long nights, personally, and if I had enough money to avoid a British winter I would do it without a second thought. 

• Like 1

Â