Players who you just don't like

Xela

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 00:04, VillaChris said:

Bullard was a decent player although his move to Hull messed up their finances for a while.

I remember him telling the story about that on Soccer AM (I think), he said they'd agreed £40k p/w which he was over the moon about then when he got there and had the contract in front of him it had £50k p/w on it and some other bonuses too which were not asked for. His agent told him to sign it quickly.

Its amazing how things like that happen with such large amounts of money.

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

When you sign for a club like City to sit on the bench you've made the decision to put money first.

On the whole, sure - I think this case is different though.

Nolito was given his debut by Guardiola, was being tracked by Barcelona and Man City and started every game for Spain at Euro 2016.  Once signed, he was given the number 9 shirt by Man City.  I don't know what Guardiola et al promised to him, but every single one of those signs implies "this guy might play a bit", and I'm sure his expectation was such.

Instead, he hasn't done and he hasn't settled into England as he would've liked.  I don't think it's a case of "you were greedy and got what you deserved".  It's not always the case.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

On the whole, sure - I think this case is different though.

Nolito was given his debut by Guardiola, was being tracked by Barcelona and Man City and started every game for Spain at Euro 2016.  Once signed, he was given the number 9 shirt by Man City.  I don't know what Guardiola et al promised to him, but every single one of those signs implies "this guy might play a bit", and I'm sure his expectation was such.

Instead, he hasn't done and he hasn't settled into England as he would've liked.  I don't think it's a case of "you were greedy and got what you deserved".  It's not always the case.

but most people that watched him at Euros and start for City realised he was crap 

Â