Pre match thread

Dirk

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

It's one less attacking player so yeah it is.

That's not how it works though. Whether or not a team is attacking or not depends on how they're set up, not how many "attacking players" are on the pitch.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

think it'll be a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 with Amavi on the left of midfield and Baker at left back. Amavi played there the other day so it seems like RDM likes him there, at least for the time being.

Gollini

Bacuna Elphick Chester Baker

Grealish Westwood Jedinak Amavi

Kodjia Ayew

Could also be Ayew RM with Grealish beind Kodjia. I imagine it'll be fluid, as usual.

Edited by abdomlahor

Seems solid.. 

Three at the back.. Bacuna/Amavi as wing-backs.. We're defensively sound or should be this time. 

It's all on whether Bacuna and Amavi can get some decent crosses in as if we have to keep playing through the middle as we have been recently we won't get much done..

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

From all out attack to all out defence...baby and bathwater, Roberto.

I know it can be attacking but doesn't feel like it with defenders as the wide men.

Bacuna isn't even a proper RB and everyone here knows Amavi's strengths are going forward. People should at least wait to see how the game pans out before deciding it's an all-out defensive line-up.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Bacuna isn't even a proper RB and everyone here knows Amavi's strengths are going forward. People should at least wait to see how the game pans out before deciding it's an all-out defensive line-up.

Amavi has looked terrible and bacuna is hardly a great attacking player. It might work so I'm not writing it off but I don't have a lot of faith in those two currently supplying our attacking width. 

I hope our focus is through the middle with grealish being a key man for us.