Football Manager 2017

V01

4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 for me. Working well in season one.

For the fella struggling to sign players - add a few extra quid onto their signing on fee, and that of their agent.

A few recommendations of potential hidden gems - Amr Gamal is a good Egyptian striker (not first choice but useful); Frederico Venancio is a quality central defender and easy to get if he's still at Setubal; Necip Uysal has been a great defensive midfielder for me; Charlie Taylor at Leeds is a quality left back; Denis Zakaria is another good central midfielder; and finally not really a secret but Thiago Maia is class.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Its so hard getting a new stadium or expansion with Villa. Anyone ever had a new stadium built? I've won the Prem two seasons in a row and Tony still won't expand it. 

I find the Dr. To be quite a difficult so and so to deal with. I actually don't like him in FM 17

54 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

Its so hard getting a new stadium or expansion with Villa. Anyone ever had a new stadium built? I've won the Prem two seasons in a row and Tony still won't expand it. 

2026 and Tony's finally told me they're looking at finding a new site to build a new stadium which would take a couple of years alone to do.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Just got Plymouth to avoid relegation from the Championship in my third season an then.....

My computer crashed and Windows had to be reinstalled. I managed to save my data and have a folder with all my saves in but can't seem to access them again. Not saved to the Cloud only locally and it's beyond me how to link them again.

Hopefully one of you kind fellows can please help.

23 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

it's an april fools in the game. if you play through april 1st in game today you get that joke in your inbox.

Bugga I was busy yesterday..

So I ended up signing,

Dimata - 15 mill

Venancio - 1.8 mill

Khazri - 8.5 mill

Nordvelt - 4.1 mill

Flanagan - 6.5 mill

Plus 3 young players. 

4 games in, 1 win 3 losses but am still pretty happy. Played reasonably in the losses and like that the new signings have bedded in quickly. 

Thanks to those who gave me suggestions of signings. 

One thing I've noticed is that it seems really hard to sell players, even at £0 price tag no takers for decent players. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

On 01/04/2017 at 20:32, Rds1983 said:

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Just got Plymouth to avoid relegation from the Championship in my third season an then.....

My computer crashed and Windows had to be reinstalled. I managed to save my data and have a folder with all my saves in but can't seem to access them again. Not saved to the Cloud only locally and it's beyond me how to link them again.

Hopefully one of you kind fellows can please help.

if you've re-installed the game again, just copy the save files from your backup folder back into the folder at "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\games" and you should be able to access them again

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 2

First season in Prem. Won the EFL easily, Kodjia getting 42 goals in 43 games. Told everyone that I'd give them all a chance next year but still brought in 5 players. Sold a couple too.

In:

GK: Rajkovic - 7m (Key Player)

DL: Zeca - 8.5m (Rotation)

DR: Kristensen - 5m (Rotation)

DC: Mammana - 12m (Key Player)

MC: Verre - 9.75m (Rotation)

AML: Sigurðsson - 17m (Swansea got relegated) (Key Player)

First team now looking like this;

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up montes for my schalke game, think I had to pay £25m...great player, your CB pairing is the same as mine, couldn't get secs for sensible money, got ter avest or Robles at RB and I've hector at LB who isn't very good

got about 9 regens  who are 4 gold 1 black star, last night I found a Mexican regen who's 4 1/2 gold stars, already worth £6.5m though

• Like 1

Â