Football Manager 2017

V01

I'm really, really, really trying to not buy new players every window. I've no need to, I'm top by a large margin and Kodjia has scored 27 in 25. I just have this NEED to improve the squad even though I don't need to at the moment.

Still trying to keep the core of the squad together. Amavi fashioned a move to Liverpool for 17m in January. Kod tried the same to A C Milan but they didn't offer what I wanted so he's sulky now. Got Pazzini in for 900k to replace him when he went to the Nations. Signed Costa (9.5m) for my AMR Inside forward role. That's it for Jan.

---------------------Gollini---------------------

RDL--------Chester----Montes------Taylor

----------------------Jedi-----------------------

---------Lansbury-------Hourihane----------

Costa------------------------------------Hogan

---------------------Kodjia----------------------

Pazzini, Grealish, Gil, Veretout, Lyden, Bree, Elphick

I've done. I've bloody done it. I've stayed up. Last season winning the playoff on penalties, then this. After 37 games:

17th Aston Villa 33pts (-18 goal difference)

18th West Brom 33pts (-19 goal difference)

It was scary for most of the first half until West Brom went down a goal then in my match against Crystal palace I turned the screws on them and gave them a touch up. 

This is quickly becoming one of my most favourite saves ever. 

Next seasons budget 42 million and 1.6 million for wages. 

Thats more like it Doctor. T

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

b62f88672f8ef1ac78ede3306fb0f2d7.png

Somehow it all turned around and I managed to stay up, fairly comfortable in the end as well. Of all the players I signed in this season, a 33 year old Vlad Chiriches bought in January was the most influential. Before he joined I was 19th, 1 win all season, 11 defeats. The first game he played was Arsenal at home and we won 2-0, which basically kicked off the huge turn in results. Absolute hero.

• Like 4

eea2a9cccce305d0ee20b39b9d4dd304.png

Have to show off this guy as well. Come through my academy last season, I'd honestly be surprised if I get anyone better from a youth intake. Already made 20 appearances for the club, 5 goals. Not too bad given his age. 

Can't decide though if I should keep him at striker or train him into a shadow striker role just behind? 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

Just about to start pre season for my 3rd season. Signings are still tough, but that's to be expected when you finish 17th. 

So far I have signed:

Wahbi Khazri from a relegated Sunderland, quite happy with this signing. 

Marcelo Meli. Well I finally got him to sign but then his work permit was rejected. 

So one signing and a host of rejections, which is not great. 

I tried to be savvy and get rakjovic my GK to sign a new contract as he is clearly class but no cigar, he doesn't want a bar of a new contract. Wouldn't even let me make him an offer. 

I have 41 million and 500k p/w spare for wages. 

I need a CB, a Ball winning CM/DM and a striker who will actually score. 

Any help with ideas would be great. Otherwise I'm going to have to buy Charlie Austin for 25 million (lol, I'd rather get relegated than pay West Brom that much, they're just shitty cos I got them relegated)

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Finished 3rd in my first season with Valencia. 

A bit annoyed about that really because I beat Real twice and Barcelona once. At one stage I'd just beaten Real away 2-0 and Barca at home 1-0 and was 3 points clear in 2nd (Technically 4 as the decider goes to head to head first in space IIRC). That was with 5 games to go but my lack of a goalscorer meant a lot of frustrating draws.

Still going down the route of youngsters but they aren't quite ready yet. Brought through Carlos Soler last season and Toni Lato will be coming through this but I needed to plug some gaps in the team.

Brought in Diego Llorente and Federico Ricci on frees and signed Munir permanently for £10m. Best signing already though and i'm only 2 games into pre season is Moussa Dembele. The guy is a goalscoring machine. Already bagged 6 goals in 2 games against Braga and Wolfsburg and all for the measly sum of £7.5m.

Managed to get Zaza on loan for 2 more seasons and brought the buy fee down to £11m. Him and Munir towards the end of the season had started to score a few but not enough to go with just those two this season.

29 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

What formation does everyone play? Found 3 centre back formations work really well. I opt for a 5-2-3 but with wing backs. 

4 (full backs attacking and central defenders) -1 (defensive midfielder) -2 (box to box and a roaming playmaker) -3 (inside forwards and a complete forward)

Works quite well. Kodjia has scored 35 in 35, Lansbury as a box to box has scored 15 in 37. Hogan from IF position 14 in 26 (got injured)

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just about to start pre season for my 3rd season. Signings are still tough, but that's to be expected when you finish 17th. 

So far I have signed:

Whalib Khazri from a relegated Sunderland, quite happy with this signing. 

Marcelo Meli. Well I finally got him to sign but then his work permit was rejected. 

So one signing and a host of rejections, which is not great. 

I tried to be savvy and get rakjovic my GK to sign a new contract as he is clearly class but no cigar, he doesn't want a bar of a new contract. Wouldn't even let me make him an offer. 

I have 41 million and 500k p/w spare for wages. 

I need a CB, a Ball winning CM/DM and a striker who will actually score

Any help with ideas would be great. Otherwise I'm going to have to buy Charlie Austin for 25 million (lol, I'd rather get relegated than pay West Brom that much, they're just shitty cos I got them relegated)

Guidetti >_>

Seriously try and get Cesar Montes as your CB. Beast.

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Guidetti >_>

Seriously try and get Cesar Montes as your CB. Beast.

Cesar Montes is 38 million

Guidetti is 18 million and happy at juventus

I'm no chance unfortunately

I'm in negotiations with Diafra Sakho

32 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Sakho did a job for me in my 2nd season. So much so his head got turned by Lazio in the summer and went.

Milan Skriniar is pretty good at CB if Montes is too much.

Sakho signed for Middlesbrough instead, this is a tad depressing. 

2 hours ago, quazzie goat said:

What formation does everyone play? Found 3 centre back formations work really well. I opt for a 5-2-3 but with wing backs. 

I played a very boring flat 4-4-2 in the Championship with Villa which worked pretty well. I'm getting destroyed in the Premier League though with relegation looming, I'm changing formation every few games and struggling to find anything that works.

Â