Football Manager 2017

V01

You're not kidding.

I try to not have favourites because I don't like it in real managers, but sadly I fall foul of sticking with players when they're playing garbage.  I also find with Villa it's hard to blur the lines between reality and the game, so for instance right now Adomah is playing absolutely awful.  I've just won the EFL with 5 games spare, and am on course for 115-120 points.  It's been a crazy season.  His rating is below 7 though, which is a no-no for me.  I really like him IRL though so it'll be hard to sell him.

I've already agreed a deal to bring Johnstone in for £2m in the summer, but will also get another keeper.  Tony's given me about £35m to spend.

Current line up is a 4-1-2-3: Johnstone; De Laet, Chester, Ziereis, Amavi; Uysal; Hourihane, Lansbury; Ivan, Grealish; Kodjia.

I'm finding Amavi, Hourihane, Lansbury and Grealish to be pretty inconsistent, but the others are generally good.  Ivan has his ups and downs but is only just 20.  Beat the likes of Atletico and PSG to get him, so want to grow him.  Green went out to Barnsley on loan and has been superb for them.  He'll be worth about £7m when he gets back.

46 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Wowzers. I've just sold him £750k :mellow:

Wow. He played a fair bit for me at RB. 29 starts, 7.48 average, 4 assists, 1 goal. Bree played 23 games and got 7 assists with a 7.25 average, so when the bids came in I knew I had his replacement already.

Udinese fought off stiff competition from Ajax and Hannover for his services.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2017 at 17:09, abdomlahor said:

if you've re-installed the game again, just copy the save files from your backup folder back into the folder at "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\games" and you should be able to access them again

You absolute star.

Thank you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2017 at 01:07, Farlz said:

eea2a9cccce305d0ee20b39b9d4dd304.png

Have to show off this guy as well. Come through my academy last season, I'd honestly be surprised if I get anyone better from a youth intake. Already made 20 appearances for the club, 5 goals. Not too bad given his age. 

Can't decide though if I should keep him at striker or train him into a shadow striker role just behind? 

Impressive beard for a 16 year old

• Like 2

I am struggling to get any real consistency out of strikers. They'll have one stellar game where they score, 1, 2 or 3 goals, then be rubbish for the next two or three games. So I put a different striker in, rinse and repeat. So I never seem to get a striker with more than 15 goals in a season (Luton, Leeds, Villa).

Some interesting players -

German player - Salih Ozcan (27m buy from Bundesliga).

Nigerian - surname Onazi... box to box support.

John McGinn - plays really well in CM as box to box... Scored a winner for me in FA Cup Final 2019.

Rolando Mandragora - plays nicely as a Regista DM in support.

Got a regen (I think) striker on loan from Arsenal - 18 year old Bruno Gama as a poacher. He scores quite regular. Already Portuguese senior team.

Got a regen (I think) AM on loan from Man Utd - 18 year old Rodrigues... Portuguese U21.

Purchased an 18 year old Portuguese U21 AM from Estoril - named Lopes Sousa. May be a regen. Good rotation with him above from United.

Oliver Burke - AMR or MR as support - gives a good account of himself, and I rotate with Andre Green at Villa.

Timo Letschert is a capable CB who delivers more often than not for me... good with goalscoring free kicks too.

Haris Sefarovic is a reasonable striker who doesn't break the bank. But like I said at the top, I struggle to get consistent performances out of strikers, wherever I am.

Edited by Raver50032

55 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Does anyone develop their youth? In the whole time i've played FM, I don't think i've ever had one decent "wonderkid" come through my academy. difficult to get a player with any decent attributes.

It's interesting that you say this - it kind of feels to me that 'everyone else' (computer controlled teams) has wonderkids, but never seem to get any when I start a new save or even come through during the course of a game. Apart from sending about 13 out on loan to get more action, I do not understand how to get your average youth/U23s to improve. I tend to let me assistant set the training and intervene once a fortnight with an occasional tweak.

On last year's game I had a ridiculously successful villa team, won the league 7/8 years on the trot couple of CL the lot, smashed it, every time the club arranged a meeting for increasing physios wages or something daft I said no invest in youth, every year I requested invest in youth, increase the youth intake net, got a shit hot head of youth development and put him in charge of all the training set up, got some of the best youth coaches I could possibly find

think the best player I had come through was rated at 2 gold stars and 1 black, it was so frustrating 

• Like 1

Â