The Championship thread

TrentVilla

14 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Oh, love it. Will have to look that up and read about it more. Thanks for educating.

Watch The Damned United if you can find somewhere to stream it. It’s a great film (which, I’m sure I’ve read, is full of exaggeration), but it gives you some of the picture at least!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Watch The Damned United if you can find somewhere to stream it. It’s a great film (which, I’m sure I’ve read, is full of exaggeration), but it gives you some of the picture at least!

Holy crap, I am all over that. Cued up on my video service for tonight. Can't believe I've never heard of it, with so many great actors, too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Holy crap, I am all over that. Cued up on my video service for tonight. Can't believe I've never heard of it, with so many great actors, too.

It’s probably one of my favourite films. Enjoy! I want to watch it now 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Leeds should be comfortably beating either of these in the final.

Saints done the double over them in the league

17 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Filmed at the old Chesterfield ground, Saltergate. 

I've never been in there but I've peered through it's gates just before demolition when I stayed in a bed and breakfast literally over the road from it.

Was one of the few remaining proper old style ramshackle grounds available for filming. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The book the film was based on is excellent as well 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Screenshot_2024-05-19-19-13-07-67_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Ill be a small minority then as i want leeds to lose 😂 would we want villa to lose because cameron supported us? 

I think people hate leeds as much as sunak

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I actually want to see competitive promoted teams next year so would rather Leeds come up.

Southampton will be like Burnley with how they play.

If you want competitive teams then Southampton are a lot bettee than leeds. Farke wouldnt even last till xmas if they came up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you want competitive teams then Southampton are a lot bettee than leeds. Farke wouldnt even last till xmas if they came up

I think an attacking trio of Summerville-Rutter-Gnonto would cause plenty of issues for teams on the counter attack. Also like Ampadu as DM and Archie Gray is a big talent.

What Leeds need to do is sign some solid defenders this time. Also can't be relying on Bamford either but he hasn't been a regular at championship level.

Farke's remit was just to get them promoted so I'm not even sure he'd start the season given how they choked automatic promotion. They'd be more ruthless with managers than the year they went down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think an attacking trio of Summerville-Rutter-Gnonto would cause plenty of issues for teams on the counter attack. Also like Ampadu as DM and Archie Gray is a big talent.

What Leeds need to do is sign some solid defenders this time. Also can't be relying on Bamford either but he hasn't been a regular at championship level.

Farke's remit was just to get them promoted so I'm not even sure he'd start the season given how they choked automatic promotion. They'd be more ruthless with managers than the year they went down.

The, 3 will struggle to hit double figures between them in the top flight. NOwhere near good enough for the top level especially Rutter and the god Gnonto

Southampton have big money players returning from loan as well

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The, 3 will struggle to hit double figures between them in the top flight. NOwhere near good enough for the top level especially Rutter and the god Gnonto

They need a better striker, can't be relying on Bamford. Piroe might do o.k as the backup.

Who do Southampton have good out on loan? Tbf Leeds have guys like Robin Koch out on loan who's just made the German euros squad but I presume he'll be sold.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They need a better striker, can't be relying on Bamford. Piroe might do o.k as the backup.

Who do Southampton have good out on loan? Tbf Leeds have guys like Robin Koch out on loan who's just made the German euros squad but I presume he'll be sold.

Alcaraz will be returning as no way Juventus paying the transfer fee. Few defenders scattered around Europe like Caleta Car and Bella Ketchop they can probably sell or could do a decent job over Bednarek

On 17/05/2024 at 13:11, Rob182 said:

Great book as well 

IMG_9811.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sacking him (and buying much better defenders) would be their only real chance of survival. He cannot set up a defence in the top flight. 

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Alcaraz will be returning as no way Juventus paying the transfer fee. Few defenders scattered around Europe like Caleta Car and Bella Ketchop they can probably sell or could do a decent job over Bednarek

That's some climb down from the original impression :D 

Â