Pre Match Thread

Demitri_C

Just now, srsmithusa said:

this bench has more attacking options than the previous one.  maybe you should read your own signature line?

Maybe you should read that despite my questioning I am keeping an open mind and not complaining.. I don't know what constitutes complaining in your world, but I was not complaining or undermining a thing. I know what is in my signature and I was not contradicting it in the slightest.. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

If that is a 4-4-2 we need a lot of players to up their games a whole lot.

Hopefully it's more of a 4-3-3, if formations even matter...

Can't get the new signings in soon enough.

Can't see it being a 4-3-3 there are only two midfielders in the 18.

We've got a problem in midfield - I'd like to see four central midfielders in our match day squad - if we rule out veretout, then four is how many we own - we could possibly add Lyden to that, but for me it's still the area we have most need in - and that's without going in to the relative qualities of the players that we've got, that's just on numbers.

We'll struggle in midfield today - hopefully our front four can stop Derby taking advantage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Also, btw, it says quite a bit about the lack of available talent amongst the youngsters.

There's lots of available talent, it's just all up front or on the wings - the make up of the reserve squad matches the first team squad.

I'm never happy with a line up where a single injury would mean a complete change of shape and tactics - if Gardner or Westwood were to go off injured today, I'm not quite sure what we could do. 5-1-4?

• Like 1

I'd be fairly confident of our defence shutting them out but i think derby  will have most the ball. If we click at the other end like we've be threatening to do we could wreck them. McCormack should be looking to take on Keogh at every opportunity. He's very vulnerable.

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Maybe you should read that despite my questioning I am keeping an open mind and not complaining.. I don't know what constitutes complaining in your world, but I was not complaining or undermining a thing. I know what is in my signature and I was not contradicting it in the slightest.. 

read you differently than you intended.  fair enough

• Like 1

we can't have tishbola and jedinak in every game of the season, we are going to need our squad, and it's another chance for Gardner to stake his claim. I expect a better performance from him today myself.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

There's lots of available talent, it's just all up front or on the wings - the make up of the reserve squad matches the first team squad.

I'm never happy with a line up where a ingle injury would mean a complete change of shape and tactics - if Gardner or Westwood were to go off injured today, I'm not quite sure what we could do. 5-1-4?

I agree, I meant midfield.

Even with tish and Jedi we are short, but well over numbered defensively.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can't see it being a 4-3-3 there are only two midfielders in the 18.

We've got a problem in midfield - I'd like to see four central midfielders in our match day squad - if we rule out veretout, then four is how many we own - we could possibly add Lyden to that, but for me it's still the area we have most need in - and that's without going in to the relative qualities of the players that we've got, that's just on numbers.

We'll struggle in midfield today - hopefully our front four can stop Derby taking advantage.

I was thinking if Grealish played in front of Gardner and Westy.

Ayew & McCormack on either side of Gestede up front.