Match Thread: Luton v Villa

limpid

I think we'll boss them again in the second half and win it. RDM will have to talk some sense into them during the half-time to stop this haphazardness on the pitch and instill some confidence. They just have to stop breaking down mentally whenever we concede. End this folly now! ^^

I'd have Green off for Westwood at half time - we're trying to dominate games with loads of strikers and getting into difficulty because we're not controlling midfields - I don't particularly blame Amavi for the goal, Baker wandered five yards forward and left a hole. Gardner isn't impressing, but he's had one and a half games and he's not been the worst player on the pitch. This team desperately needs confidence - but perversely it also needs someone to keep us going - when they score they look like they expect it to be easy - at 1-0 we play like it's 4-0.

I'd take Ayew off. He's gonna end up with a red card. Although Grealish hasn't been fantastic I think at times he's looked like he's able to do something. Gardner is useless. Green looks useful. Richards started like a different player but soon reverted to type. 

Subs will be interesting - Ayew on a booking, Amavi unlikely to have 90 minutes in him and a few not playing all that well - I'm not sure how bold he'll be at half time.

I'd like to see Grealish central behind McCormack and Ayew with Westwood making the midfield a bot more solid and Green making way.

2 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

'if they were better players than Aston villa players, they'd be playing for Aston villa'  -  Paul Merson

hahaha, yeah that one raised an eyebrow or shwifty five..

I find it worrying that the players still seem so mentally weak. I would have hoped that problem would have been the first thing RDM and Clarke would have fixed.

Looked good for most of that half......

Grealish has been very quiet - needs to do more to impose himself on the game.

Richards still looks like a liability - can't believe I am saying this but I think I would rather have Bacuna than him and I bloody hate Bacuna.

Need to get more service to McCormack

• Like 1