TOGGA Fantasy Football Draft 2016/17

sexbelowsound

7 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm up for trying dugout if we can get a few more people. I'm going to keep going with TOGGA but it's not been a great start and I see people dropping out again soon.

Ok, well the league is set up on there if people want to give it a go. Called "VillaTalk" if you search for it, or this link should take you there: https://www.dugoutfc.com/i/6359666539888640

Seems more reliable than Togga so far, not spotted any issues with it (except minor ones caused by me using IE, resolved by me using a different browser!)

If people do want to drop out once started, league admin can remove team and release players back into player pool, so no biggy there.

Draft provisionally set for next Friday but can move if/when people join. Maybe could do once window closed?

As I said before, looks like only 10 teams per league. However, if more than 10 join it looks like it might create a championship league for the next 10, then div1, etc.

Might be worth getting @rhyscartwright_avfc involved also, as imagine he could be having similar issues with league he set up on Togga.

11 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Ok, well the league is set up on there if people want to give it a go. Called "VillaTalk" if you search for it, or this link should take you there: https://www.dugoutfc.com/i/6359666539888640

Seems more reliable than Togga so far, not spotted any issues with it (except minor ones caused by me using IE, resolved by me using a different browser!)

If people do want to drop out once started, league admin can remove team and release players back into player pool, so no biggy there.

Draft provisionally set for next Friday but can move if/when people join. Maybe could do once window closed?

As I said before, looks like only 10 teams per league. However, if more than 10 join it looks like it might create a championship league for the next 10, then div1, etc.

Might be worth getting @rhyscartwright_avfc involved also, as imagine he could be having similar issues with league he set up on Togga.

Thoughts @omariqy, @NurembergVillan, @HanoiVillan, @maqroll, @chappy, @LancsVillan, @StefanAVFC, @briggaman, @TrentVilla?

Draft I did on another league to test it worked well and went quicker than the last one!

Edited by tomsky_11

As far as drafts go I think I'll tip it round the post for now.  Togga's been a nightmare compared to how you described it last season and I feel like I've run out of enthusiasm already.  It's all a bit complicated.  I can understand Americans liking complex draft games because it's relevant to the sports, and their games last about 5 hours so there's plenty of time to count the tackles etc.

My biggest frustration is having 5 subs if you can't use them.  Why not just have an 11 and everyone else is available?  Gives more people a chance at getting good players then.  Right now I've got a few players half fit so they might play.  Do I put them in or leave them out?  If I drop them altogether I've only got dross to choose from.

If we're looking like Lancs, Trent and Omar have all pied this one off already then we're 25% of the league down.  I'm inclined to bail too.  It's a shame because I was really excited to try a different approach but it just hasn't grabbed me at all since the last 30 mins before the draft!

Lol. Shall we get a general consensus on who is staying and who isn't?

The issue with this game is as well if half of you lot disappear your players are tied up for the whole season.

If half the league are bailing I might as well delete the league and join this new one.

Yeah, if half of the players are leaving we are left with basically no choice but to sack it off. 

EDIT: Unless all of those who are quitting are prepared to empty their teams. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm happy with it as always. Dismayed that it's so unpopular, looks like it'll be a two-person league again. 

I'm still in Togga. It's a bit glitchy at the minute but I can live with it.

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, if half of the players are leaving we are left with basically no choice but to sack it off. 

Or we delete the league and redraft with the few people who actually want to play? I think it would be better rather than the free for all it would be trying to snag all the good players people drop to waivers.

I have a mate who is big into fantasy football and get really excited at the idea of this.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I'm on holiday til September so wouldn't join in a new draft, I am happy to stick with Togga for the season though whether that is as is or in a reduced size league. Website is annoying but app has worked fine for me since the initial freeze last weekend.

I honestly don't mind carrying on but there is just no chance I will end up anywhere given my team and the fact that I can't get any good players anymore. Pretty annoying because I was really looking forward to playing a draft game for the first time.

Just now, omariqy said:

I honestly don't mind carrying on but there is just no chance I will end up anywhere given my team and the fact that I can't get any good players anymore. Pretty annoying because I was really looking forward to playing a draft game for the first time.

Worth bearing in mind I wasn't in the draft last season and had a crap team, ended finishing 8th of 11 I think and that included a few weeks where I forgot to look at it. There will be gems of players that nobody has that will be worth picking up along the way. You only need to beat the person you're playing too so if they have a bad week or a few injuries you're always in with a chance.

4 minutes ago, chappy said:

I'm on holiday til September so wouldn't join in a new draft, I am happy to stick with Togga for the season though whether that is as is or in a reduced size league. Website is annoying but app has worked fine for me since the initial freeze last weekend.

New draft might not be til September if we hold out for window to end. I can't do it before next Friday anyway.

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Btw I'm happy sticking with Togga as well. Just think will be a shame to get further into season and then have people drop out cos of bugs/draft issues, etc.

I assume people would be less likely to drop later if we started afresh without same issues.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

You never know what happens with star players getting injured or randoms becomming top performers. Nobody would have drafted Mahrez last year. There are plenty of free agents who might come good. 

If we do have lots of people drop out there is no point sticking with the league and might aswell start again. Either we have players stuck in dead teams or we have people playing dead teams and guaranteed a win.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I suggest we see how it goes and if we need to redraft due to drop outs do it once the window has closed?

Yes, maybe lets wait until the end of the window. 

50 minutes ago, maqroll said:

the site is still glitchy as ****, to the point where it's not much fun, tbh...

i was hoping to see improvement, but it's just not there yet.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but can you give an example of a glitch that is ruining your enjoyment? I know the draft was a bit of a pain, but that's finished now, and nothing else has happened to me since. 

Â