Middlesbrough Match Thread

Nice range of passing and a nice cruncher from Gardner after looking a bit lazy at the start.

Desperately need a striker with a sense of timing and cutting edge - Morley is right with Gestede, one fluke season does not a striker make.

I'd worry big time for the upcoming season if I were a Boro fan.

That team, in its present condition, will be on the receiving end of quite a bit of whoopass in the PL.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Are there any streams of this that aren't on the OS?

It's free today just register even my nephew is watching it in Pakistan today 

Edited by nazvfc

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

are Boro even arsed though? cant remember Valdes making a save except a weak effort from Ayew

I couldn't tell you, but I was reading on here last week that teams should be trying to win every game preseason or not so I'd have thought they have some interest in getting a result

• Like 2

i think replacing Gestede with someone who can actually move would open up things massively for us attacking wise. Ayew and Grealish like to drop deeper, work 1-2s etc - but when they get on the ball they are looking up and see Gestede just standing there. 

If you have a forward who runs defenders around it also opens up chances from the edge of the box for midfielders and runners from deep. 

At the moment Boro can just stick 1 man on Gestede and hold their shape easily. 

• Like 2

Can't get a decent signal in Majorca to watch the game. Sounds like an improvement though. Disappointed to see Gestede and Bacuna's in the side but I imagine Traore will start when fit, and a new striker (Kodija?) when we get one.

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

Don't know too much about Boro these days, how close is this to being their first team?

I'd say pretty close. All their supporters were having orgasms over their team selection earlier today.

• Like 1

Based on this performance besides a new striker, I'd like us to sign Morrison. A front 3 of Morrison Grealish and Ayew behind either Bamford or McCormack would be good. It looks like we are going to have a lot of the ball in games so we need players who can unlock a defence. Back up of Traore (if ever fit), Green and Hepburn Murphy offers pace and possibly width.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Okay, I've registered. I was sure I had an account before though. Does having to re-register mean I've lost my booking history? 

I would have thought any info was still linked to your login email. Did you have an old account with another email address? 

Â