Middlesbrough Match Thread

As this game is rapidly approaching, here is the match thread. Will we see the starting team that's expected to start against Sheffield Wednesday? Or will we see a multitude of substitutions that leave us guessing? 

I'll be sat in the Holte watching, I just hope there's no more booing and the lads give us some positive signs of encouragement. I'll let you know how that goes. 

• Like 1

I Would like to see 80% of the starters for our first game next week. 

We need to start building momentum now! 

IIRC Sherwood got pelters for still tinkering after 5/6 games as he didn't know his best 11. 

Hope RDM has sussed them out.

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

IIRC Sherwood got pelters for still tinkering after 5/6 games as he didn't know his best 11. 

I'm not sure any manager should make decisions because of "pelters". We might still be signing players after six games this season.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

I'm not sure any manager should make decisions because of "pelters". We might still be signing players after six games this season.

I Fully agree, but thats not to say RDM won't get pelters either for tinkering every game early on. 

You know what its like.

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

my guess at the line-up 4231 formation

gollini

huttton

Elphick

Baker

cissokho

westwood

tshibola

grealish

ayew

green

Hepburn murphy

Not much width here, worried we might be forced to play very narrow ;) lolz.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

my guess at the line-up 4231 formation

gollini

huttton

Elphick

Baker

cissokho

westwood

tshibola

grealish

ayew

green

Hepburn murphy

Bennett for Aly.

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not much width here, worried we might be forced to play very narrow ;) lolz.

we don't have any wingers as such, green is the closest we've got so we have no option but to play narrow.

40 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

we don't have any wingers as such, green is the closest we've got so we have no option but to play narrow.

Sorry, it was a stupid joke because the formatting on your post made all the players appear in one vertical line... It was a rubbish joke. The team you posted was good, I'm just a jerk.

• Like 2

Grandsons first go. 

Fingers crossed that he sees something worth watching (although no worries about his look of amazement when he looks out from the Holte).

Looking forward to the first giant killing of the season......

Here we go again, UTV !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Sorry, it was a stupid joke because the formatting on your post made all the players appear in one vertical line... It was a rubbish joke. The team you posted was good, I'm just a jerk.

bwahaha sorry mate, having to post my phone so formatting all over the shop!

• Like 1

Will be an interesting one. Looking forward to seeing what RDM considers as his strongest line-up to date (which I would imagine he would put out for this one) and also against a PL team who are traditionally a week behind in terms of fitness at this stage.

Â