Nintendo Switch

Chindie

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Gameboy and GBA seem 4 or 5 years too late. Also no Pokémon. It's all a bit meh. Most people interested in the consoles probably have good alternative ways to play them, even portably.

The 3DS was way better with this kind of thing as was the Wii U. On the 3DS you could even transfer your Pokémon from the Gameboy games to the newer games on the console.

Exactly.

I still got me ds ans it plays most if this shit. I dont really have desire to play these games on my oled tv. It will look dated and shit. The nes was bad enough this will look awful

What frustrated me was no mention at all of any further n64 games

Edited by Demitri_C

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Metroid Prime is a superb game so it's lovely to see this remaster is brilliant. Looks stunning.

I already have the original but it's honestly worth it to get this version too. If all remasters were this level of quality, we could probably retire the older games and consoles.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I already have the original but it's honestly worth it to get this version too. If all remasters were this level of quality, we could probably retire the older games and consoles.

I wish they re mastered mario 64 properly like they did with metroid

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/02/2023 at 22:02, Chindie said:

Metroid Prime is a superb game so it's lovely to see this remaster is brilliant. Looks stunning.

I’ve never played this and **** hell, why!? I’m into this atm and loving it. Wow! 

• Like 2

On 16/02/2023 at 12:35, Demitri_C said:

I wish they re mastered mario 64 properly like they did with metroid

My word this is so true. What a letdown. That game deserves a lovely update...

Spoiler

the bit in Mario Odyssey only made this more clear.

On 10/03/2023 at 10:01, Dodgyknees said:

I’ve never played this and **** hell, why!? I’m into this atm and loving it. Wow! 

It's so good. I loved it back in the day, but I went abroad and I never finished it. I finished the remaster a week or so ago, so I'm finally done after 20 years, and I genuinely think it's a flawless game. One of my favourites on the Switch. I am still in love with it. The actual remastering is excellent—it looks like a modern Switch game.

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's so good. I loved it back in the day, but I went abroad and I never finished it. I finished the remaster a week or so ago, so I'm finally done after 20 years, and I genuinely think it's a flawless game. One of my favourites on the Switch. I am still in love with it. The actual remastering is excellent—it looks like a modern Switch game.

Honestly loving this game so much and I can’t wait for the weekend when I can continue on 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2023 at 12:48, Rolta said:

Hide contents

I forgot to scan one of the very fist creatures and ended up with 99% scan and thus not opening the full ending. Do not think I could go through it all again but does look amazing 

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

The fuse ability is amazing!

Is this at all spoiler-y? Any major surprises given away? Trying to resist watching to go into the game as cold as possible!

1 hour ago, JB said:

Is this at all spoiler-y? Any major surprises given away? Trying to resist watching to go into the game as cold as possible!

Mostly the new abilities, new areas (compared to BOTW) but nothing that will spoil the story. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Mostly the new abilities, new areas (compared to BOTW) but nothing that will spoil the story. 

Thanks mate.

I caved and watched it. Not too much that hasn’t been seen in the trailers. 

45 minutes ago, JB said:

Thanks mate.

I caved and watched it. Not too much that hasn’t been seen in the trailers. 

I’ve only really seen the new abilities here - loving it as well. I’ve preordered.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Still no sight of dungeons, sigh. The Divine Beasts from the first game were very lackluster. 

I’m hoping that there’s a lot that they’re keeping up their sleeve. I understand why and liked the way they changed things up a bit with BotW but replaying OoT, MM and SS since has made me realise how much I miss dungeons. 

I’m glad it wasn’t just me who didn’t like the Divine Beasts. They were really dull IMO. Based on what I read before I played it, I expected something along the lines of Shadow of the Colossus, so they were even more of a let down. 

I’ve got a love/hate relationship with BotW. It’s one of my favourite games of all time and I’ve sunk hundreds of hours into playing it repeatedly but, weirdly, I also think it’s overrated. There are some incredible moments and the controls and combat are a dream but it’s got a fair few significant flaws. It’s so, so repetitive and exploration becomes a bit of a chore after a while. When you do your millionth trial by combat shrine, you realise that there isn’t all that much variation within the game. 

I’ll still be getting TotK on release day though and got very high hopes for it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

If you’re looking for a traditional Zelda dungeon experience, Baldo comes fairly close. The game has really improved since launch. 

And on that note, Tchia just came out too - for PS4/5 and Steam. Bit like Breath of the Wild, but no combat in the traditional sense. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Been making a few new physical purchases this month. I bought another Ys game (can’t remember who the fan is on here - but I remember somebody saying something when I got into this series) and I still love it.

I’ve also bought the Diofield Chronicles, Signalis, Remnant from the Ashes, Kingdom Majestic (saw it for £8 and thought it was worth a shot), and Demon Slayer - haven’t seen the anime but I love most things “anime” so let’s see. 

Oh and a game called Rustler which I saw for really cheap and thought it looked fun.

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Been making a few new physical purchases this month. I bought another Ys game (can’t remember who the fan is on here - but I remember somebody saying something when I got into this series) and I still love it.

I’ve also bought the Diofield Chronicles, Signalis, Remnant from the Ashes, Kingdom Majestic (saw it for £8 and thought it was worth a shot), and Demon Slayer - haven’t seen the anime but I love most things “anime” so let’s see. 

Oh and a game called Rustler which I saw for really cheap and thought it looked fun.

I bought the physical version of Ys IX with the art book, it's really nice. I have the rest of the games digitally. I'm planning to do a proper dive into the series starting with the old PC Engine games.

It's a good time to collect for Switch, there are some deals to be had. But also because physical games seem to be becoming more scarce for some reason.

• Thanks 1

Â