• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chindie

Nintendo Switch

287 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You guys should type 'retro pie' into your favourite search engine. 

Edited by The_Rev
1 person likes this

Posted

On 16 September 2016 at 20:31, villa4europe said:

Not fussed bout the nes one, a snes one however I'd be all over

itd only need super Mario world, super metroid and link to the past and itd be just have 

No doubt this is in the works 

Posted

Initial reveal this afternoon, apparently.

Posted

and red dead 2 :detect:

in all seriousness they do need a top 3rd party game to show it off, what they'll do instead is do a massive presentation on how that zelda game they've been showing on the wii U for 3 years will also be on the new console

Posted

itshappeningreggie!!.gif

I can't contain my excitement!

Posted

I couldn't be more meh about a console to be honest. 

Nintendo haven't done anything that interests me in years, I used to love their consoles growing up. 

Posted

im the same, id be more excited if they announced a snes version of that little nes thing they did a few months back

1 person likes this

Posted

Unless they sell literally 3 of the mini NES consoles the SNES is nailed on.

As for the NX... Unless all the rumours are wrong (hint - they aren't going to be, this is going to be an extension of the WiiU idea with a full blown tablet) or it's spectacularly powerful, which it won't be, it's going to be a complete meh.

Posted

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

im the same, id be more excited if they announced a snes version of that little nes thing they did a few months back

That will come wiat and see the success of the mini NES

Posted

44 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Unless they sell literally 3 of the mini NES consoles the SNES is nailed on.

As for the NX... Unless all the rumours are wrong (hint - they aren't going to be, this is going to be an extension of the WiiU idea with a full blown tablet) or it's spectacularly powerful, which it won't be, it's going to be a complete meh.

This is how I would play it if I was nintendo, have own tablet that you use controllers (if required) and have apps of all existing and old school games as apps, so you ahve option to buy mario 64 for a pound for example. Also have the ability to make those games HD on this console. I could imagine that be very successful

and obviously have brand new games, better graphics, can play movies etc 

Posted (edited)

It's called Switch 

As expected, it's a kind of hybrid home console, handheld console, and portable console, if that makes sense. The video does a decent job of explaining it. 

Splitting the portable consoles controller effectively in half to enable on the spot multiplayer on the fly is a pretty cool feature. 

Other than that, it showcased new Zelda, Skyrim, Splatoon and Mario kart, which on the games front at least kinda says it all. 

Edited by hogso

Posted

Unlike the WiiU it seems clear exactly what the switch is and how it works. Think they're back in the game here.

Posted

i actually think its a very clever move, that to me is nintendo replacing the only games system with sales comparable to the ps2...the DS

thats not even trying to compete with the PS4 and Xbone, thats gone straight after the always lucrative nintendo hand held market, it looks like the most advanced hand held machine of all time that you can also play on your TV

was right about zelda too ;) not sure if that was a new mario game

Posted

Anyone catch King Boo in the Mario Kart clip? As well as the return of the 2 item slot? We could be seeing a lot of updated Wii U titles ported to the Switch which is cool.

Posted

This looks class

Posted

Yep I'm in! Depending on specs/price of course but it looks a brilliant concept from the trailer.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sold

Posted

Have to say,  it impressed me much more than I thought it would.  

Posted

Not a big gamer any more. I'll probably still buy it because no PS4/Xbone games interest me in the slightest but I still find Wii U games fun.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Anyone catch King Boo in the Mario Kart clip? As well as the return of the 2 item slot? We could be seeing a lot of updated Wii U titles ported to the Switch which is cool.

Two item slots with the ability to switch between which is active, Mario Kart 8: Switch ;)

Edited by Chewie
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0