Nintendo Switch

Chindie

On 16 September 2016 at 20:31, villa4europe said:

Not fussed bout the nes one, a snes one however I'd be all over

itd only need super Mario world, super metroid and link to the past and itd be just have 

No doubt this is in the works 

• 1 month later...

Unless they sell literally 3 of the mini NES consoles the SNES is nailed on.

As for the NX... Unless all the rumours are wrong (hint - they aren't going to be, this is going to be an extension of the WiiU idea with a full blown tablet) or it's spectacularly powerful, which it won't be, it's going to be a complete meh.

44 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Unless they sell literally 3 of the mini NES consoles the SNES is nailed on.

As for the NX... Unless all the rumours are wrong (hint - they aren't going to be, this is going to be an extension of the WiiU idea with a full blown tablet) or it's spectacularly powerful, which it won't be, it's going to be a complete meh.

This is how I would play it if I was nintendo, have own tablet that you use controllers (if required) and have apps of all existing and old school games as apps, so you ahve option to buy mario 64 for a pound for example. Also have the ability to make those games HD on this console. I could imagine that be very successful

and obviously have brand new games, better graphics, can play movies etc 

It's called Switch 

As expected, it's a kind of hybrid home console, handheld console, and portable console, if that makes sense. The video does a decent job of explaining it. 

Splitting the portable consoles controller effectively in half to enable on the spot multiplayer on the fly is a pretty cool feature. 

Other than that, it showcased new Zelda, Skyrim, Splatoon and Mario kart, which on the games front at least kinda says it all. 

Edited by hogso

i actually think its a very clever move, that to me is nintendo replacing the only games system with sales comparable to the ps2...the DS

thats not even trying to compete with the PS4 and Xbone, thats gone straight after the always lucrative nintendo hand held market, it looks like the most advanced hand held machine of all time that you can also play on your TV

was right about zelda too ;) not sure if that was a new mario game

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Anyone catch King Boo in the Mario Kart clip? As well as the return of the 2 item slot? We could be seeing a lot of updated Wii U titles ported to the Switch which is cool.

Two item slots with the ability to switch between which is active, Mario Kart 8: Switch ;)

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

Â