2016 Summer Olympics, Rio de Janeiro

StanBalaban

22 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

This is too easy... Fiji are awesome. One game too far for Britain 

Well, TBF the GB squad have only been together since May as they play as Eng/Wales/Scot in the World series, whereas Fiji have been champions for the last 2 years and have one of the best 7s coaches in the world in Ben Ryan.. The way they played last night they would have beaten absolutely anybody. I think they only took the ball to ground a couple of times in the whole game and the speed of their offload was astonishing and nigh on unplayable. As Ryan said, they saved their best til last.

They were pretty chuffed about it too!!

• Like 1

We played a creative game. We had many opportunities on goal. We showed a lot of heart. We came back from a goal down. I’m very proud of this team."

We played a bunch of cowards. The best team did not win today. I strongly, firmly believe that.

Sweden dropped back. They didn;t want to open play. They didn’t want to pass the ball around. They didn’t want to play great soccer, entertaining soccer. It was a combative game. A physical game. Exactly what they wanted. Exactly what their game plan was. We had that style of play when Pia was our coach. I think it was very cowardly. But they won, they’re moving on. And we’re going home

i hope hope solo never has to play a tony pulis team...

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Anyone smashing a world record by that distance today is immediately coming under suspicion.

And the fact that the smashed record was set by a "juiced to the gills" Wang Junxia 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i hope hope solo never has to play a tony pulis team...

And the whiny words removed gloves mysteriously broke right before the penalties. clearing in the woods!

8 minutes ago, Tegis said:

And the fact that the smashed record was set by a "juiced to the gills" Wang Junxia 

Indeed.

When does a record ever get broken like that? Even if conditions were perfect, 14 seconds over an already suspicious record? Set an Olympic record for her second 5k? Come off it.

Ethiopia has question marks over it's doping testing, that haven't gone away. This result either suggests they have a one in a million genetic freak, or someone is washing down their breakfast with half of Boots inventory. Or Jesus makes you run fast for long distances.

Â