Telford and Worcester 16th July 2016

Either this match is lacking in events worth announcing or AVFC on Twitter have forgotten to update, cause the last update was like 5 minutes ago and even that was 3-4 minutes after Grealish had scored.. Ah finally another update on Twitter like 11 minutes after the last one. Slow news day at this match it seems. 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

2-1 against Telford is pretty shite to be honest. We don't half have some utter shitbags at this club.

The scoreline does not do the match justice. Their keeper was on fire and saved almost everything we threw at him. Another keeper out there and it would have likely been 6-1 if not higher. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This thread :crylaugh:

Every year people actually put serious energy into drawing conclusions from pre-season friendlies.

Stop it. They mean nothing. They're for fitness and "having a look" at players/formations etc.

The result is meaningless. 

I'm not convinced, or not fully anyway. 'Having a look' seems to imply that the manager, at least, draws conclusions from pre-season friendlies. 

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not convinced, or not fully anyway. 'Having a look' seems to imply that the manager, at least, draws conclusions from pre-season friendlies. 

You know what I meant

"OMG We only won 2-1 we are sooo  shit"

It's bollocks. We won our last one 8-0. THe results are meaningless. We don't know what RDM or the coaching team are trying with these games.

The result is secondary. I guarantee the approach in these friendlies isn't to win the match.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

On specific players yeah though he's not drawing conclusions on the whole team or the result. He goes into the games watching key players that he has already assumed are the weak link in training, then when they invariably prove him right they get the chop. So yes there are some conclusions RDM can gain from these games, but the result shows him nothing other than we can beat teams we should be beating. 

When RDM took over West Brom, in pre-season they lost to Histon, Kidderminster Harriers, Swindon and Cheltenham. 

Then proceeded to go unbeaten in their first 8 games in the Championship, including six wins. 

• Like 4

Okay, yes, I agree that it's not worth getting too upset about the result. I was referring more to comments about player performances, which I think can be analysed and conclusions drawn from. 

It sounds like we're mostly in agreement anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You know what I meant

It's bollocks. We won our last one 8-0. THe results are meaningless. We don't know what RDM or the coaching team are trying with these games.

The result is secondary. I guarantee the approach in these friendlies isn't to win the match.

at any form or level the aim is to approach EVERY game winning them friendlys included. Deluded statement 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You know what I meant

Well an awful lot of our players will feel right at home then !

Â