Villa League Cup 1st Round Draw

andykeenan

12 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Please god let us draw Carlisle. My dad and his family are all from there - he's lived in Birmingham for nearly 40 years and they've never played us, Birmingham, Wolves or Albion

Not in the first round I'm afraid. We can only draw someone from the unseeded South list. Seeded North vs Unseeded North and Seeded South vs Unseeded South. 

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Quit yer belly aching. It is an extra game on our run to the final, which means a couple more quid in the old coffers. 

hopefully if we get through to the third round we'll get a big day out at a huge premier league club like Burnley or Hull, force a replay and bring it back to Villa Park so we can afford hot showers for the lads.

• Like 3

I always remember Luton being a bit of a bogey side for us back in the 80's. I have memories of watching us lose 2-1 to Luton at Kenilworth Road in the first half of the 80's, with Frankie Bunn scoring a late winner for them. I also remember my Dad had recorded the highlights and showing me the next day, and the camera man from MoTD zoomed in on me nervously chewing on my Villa scarf during the match. I also remember Mark Pembridge scoring a corker for them at VP, volleying in a corner from outside the box in another defeat. I was glad to see the back of them when they were relegated. I have no idea what they are like these days, but hopefully we can pull off a good result and put to rest my thoughts of them as a bogey side.

'Fackin Loot-un, innit?' As they say around there.

Was a student there for 3 years between 1993 and 1996, and saw some pretty decent games down Kenilworth Road - one stand out game was the last time that you could stand in the ground, Luton 3 WBA 2 (both goalies carried off injured).

Edited by Raver50032

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Why is it called the EFL Cup? I assume it will revert to "<insert sponsor>" cup?

Because the Football League have rebranded themselves as the English Football League. Hence EFL Cup instead of League Cup.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Why is it called the EFL Cup? I assume it will revert to "<insert sponsor>" cup?

Its always been the League Cup for me whether its the FL or EFL or has a sponsors name added to it. This has made it a lot easier given there have been so many name changes for it due to the number of different sponsors it has had over the years. No doubt it will be the Have I got PPI? Premier League Cup when someone like that offers enough cash to the EFL to make that happen.  

On 6/22/2016 at 13:47, Demitri_C said:

wouldnt be bothered if we went out, prefer to concentrate on the league, this will be our priority in next few years

maybe but extra games early in season will give our new team(hopefully) chance to gel away from pressure of league

Â