PieFacE

If you are playing Journey Mode then don't join VIlla. With all our 'talent' you will be playing in front of Gardner and Westwood, your supply from the wings will be Sellers and Traore, your strike partner will be RHM and your full backs Hutton and Bennett.

Another good idea destroyed by EAs half arsed approach to the things that matter. Tedious, dull.

You will spend 90 thrilling minutes watching your AI controlled team get passed off the park by their AI controlled team. Witness such beautiful sites as Gardner and Westwood jostling (and never winning) for possession behind an opposing player for 90 minutes. Witness everytime your AI controlled team receive a pass take a touch backwards. Witness everytime one of your wide players get the ball just run into their opposite number.

"Bad call for pass."

Bollocks mate, it was a perfectly reasonable request, if the AI controlled player didn't have such a shit touch, and take every touch backwards it would have been an easy one to make.

*Makes a beautiful run, presses triangle for through ball

*Watches AI player turn towards his own goal, then spin 180 degrees, falling over whilst playing the shittest through ball in history.

"BAD CALL FOR PASS."

**** off.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

Do you only get loaned out if you play for one of the top teams (due to harder to get game time).  Want to get the Villa loan (despite the further amusing post above).  The likelihood of going to Villa will effect if I choose to play as Arsenal or Palace.

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If you are playing Journey Mode then don't join VIlla. With all our 'talent' you will be playing in front of Gardner and Westwood, your supply from the wings will be Sellers and Traore, your strike partner will be RHM and your full backs Hutton and Bennett.

Another good idea destroyed by EAs half arsed approach to the things that matter. Tedious, dull.

You will spend 90 thrilling minutes watching your AI controlled team get passed off the park by their AI controlled team. Witness such beautiful sites as Gardner and Westwood jostling (and never winning) for possession behind an opposing player for 90 minutes. Witness everytime your AI controlled team receive a pass take a touch backwards. Witness everytime one of your wide players get the ball just run into their opposite number.

"Bad call for pass."

Bollocks mate, it was a perfectly reasonable request, if the AI controlled player didn't have such a shit touch, and take every touch backwards it would have been an easy one to make.

*Makes a beautiful run, presses triangle for through ball

*Watches AI player turn towards his own goal, then spin 180 degrees, falling over whilst playing the shittest through ball in history.

"BAD CALL FOR PASS."

**** off.

Sounds like they have studied the way we play and replicated it perfectly. Realism at its finest.

You can control the whole team inthe journey mode if you wish, makes things a bit less tedious

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Do you only get loaned out if you play for one of the top teams (due to harder to get game time).  Want to get the Villa loan (despite the further amusing post above).  The likelihood of going to Villa will effect if I choose to play as Arsenal or Palace.

The whole Journey is scripted so you will go on loan no matter what. It's actually hilarious playing the Journey on beginner mode because you can come into a match, score 10 goals in the 30 minutes remaining, and yet Walker will always start in front of you even if he does nothing each match all because he is a "better fit for the system". I scored 7 goals in 6 sub appearances and yet was told I was not good enough and needed to go on loan. It's really silly. 

Like said, it's a really good idea, but we have to remember this is EA so it's not a finely polished game whatsoever. 

47 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

The whole Journey is scripted so you will go on loan no matter what. It's actually hilarious playing the Journey on beginner mode because you can come into a match, score 10 goals in the 30 minutes remaining, and yet Walker will always start in front of you even if he does nothing each match all because he is a "better fit for the system". I scored 7 goals in 6 sub appearances and yet was told I was not good enough and needed to go on loan. It's really silly. 

Like said, it's a really good idea, but we have to remember this is EA so it's not a finely polished game whatsoever. 

...but the cut scenes are so pretty and it's Harry Kane's actual voice. That is what counts, right?

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Sounds like they have studied the way we play and replicated it perfectly. Realism at its finest.

You can control the whole team inthe journey mode if you wish, makes things a bit less tedious

I know, but I thought it was part of the experience just playing as Alex. I can't bring myself to control the whole team. It just isn't right.

I heard a lot of people complain when playing the Journey solely as Alex. Apparently the AI is really bad and you rarely get the ball. Most matches tend to end 0-0 with very limited scoring opportunities. I understand wanting to play solely as Alex, but in my opinion there is no point if it's no fun. 

I did really enjoy the demo but after playing PES 17 for a while I tried a few games of the demo again.  I just can't get used to playing FIFA again. The gameplay is so different on PES and more enjoyable imo. I just can't seem to get quicker passing going on FIFA. Maybe I am just shit at the game!

So far this is what I have encountered:

• Button delay. The amount of times I have had open net goals saved because of this is ridiculous. There is about a second delay on the shoot and pass buttons which means if you pass it across the goal to your wide open player, you often have to hit it first time because in the second it takes for the game to register the shoot button after you take your first touch, it's too late and you've had the ball stripped off of you. It's the same thing for passing. If you pass to someone with even a little pressure on them, you have to first touch pass it elsewhere. You may say well just hit it first time, but often if the pass is bad or bouncy, you won't score even if it's an open net. I had McCormack miss a sitter because I did a chipped through ball to him which he sent wide despite there being no keeper. 
  • Anyone else notice how slow and inaccurate player switching is this fifa? The game doesn't switch you to the player closest to the ball. You often have to switch through multiple players before getting to the player you need which sometimes is too late.
  • Through balls are really inaccurate as well. Quite often I see my player making a great diagonal run, but when I hit the through ball button, the ball goes straight into the defender instead of the open space. EA is really pushing for the driven through ball this fifa by making the regular through ball ineffective.
  • Players will always chest the ball even when heading is the smarter option. What makes this so frustrating is chesting the ball typically takes the ball 5 feet ahead of you. I have conceded a few own goals because my opponent drilled a cross in which I was spamming clear, but my defender decided to chest it which resulted in the first touch to go into goal. It sucks because I had zero control of that and it was all game error.

I've noticed all of those Czechlad. 

The button delay or input lag or whatever it is needs to be fixed.

Also, i've had it on so many occasions where I've put a perfect cross to a striker in loads of space on the back post, and instead of heading it in the net they try and chest it? Not sure wtf is going on there...

Possibly one of the worst FIFA's I've played tbh. It looks great but it's just crap and boring to play. I just don't feel like they've improved at all to me this gen, if anything they have regressed. The last time I actually had fun with FIFA was around 13 I think.

Game play isn't that enjoyable to be honest, but expect a big patch relatively soon that will change that. 

I played the FUT draft last night for first time. I made it to the semis, but everyone I played parked the bus and just tried to out pace my defense with Ronaldo and Bale. It was very annoying. I can't imagine that is fun for them either. I had 70%+ possession, but I couldn't break down 8 defenders. I had to resort to long shots which sort of worked because I'd get corners which are easy to score off of. I read on /r/fifa that the park the bus tactic is really popular is the high divisions. "play beautifully"

On 10/5/2016 at 21:00, Czechlad said:

I heard a lot of people complain when playing the Journey solely as Alex. Apparently the AI is really bad and you rarely get the ball. Most matches tend to end 0-0 with very limited scoring opportunities. I understand wanting to play solely as Alex, but in my opinion there is no point if it's no fun. 

Been the same for years. I'm still playing '16 as a CAM. My team are so shit that they never get the ball. I'll touch the ball 8/9 times a game.

9 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The Journey is incredible!

I was laughing at it when they revealed it.

I haven't played it but I've watched let's plays but it seems scripted and repetitive and the AI are so shit. How far in are you?

Anyone else struggling or is it just me? 

I can't win games online or offline, it's depressing as hell! 

I used to be fairly good at previous Fifa's but this one is totally against me whatever game mode I'm playing. If I win it's only a narrow one and chances are I didn't keep a clean sheet. My finishing one on one's is abysmal yet whoever I play make it look easy. There's just so many little bits that make it frustrating.

This isn't enjoyable, it's pure **** rage atm! :bang:

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I haven't played it but I've watched let's plays but it seems scripted and repetitive and the AI are so shit. How far in are you?

Just done the pre season friendlies. Seems OK regarding scripting so far. It's the best thing they've added to Fifa for a long time. 

recently gone on loan in my Journey, very droll.

I have no interest in controlling the whole team, if I did I'd play career mode. Play as Hunter, watch Gabby or Traore run straight at a defender or the midfield two pass it between them until they lose it. Call for a pass and it's blasted at you from 8 yards away, through balls get played behind you or straight to the keeper. 

I'm gonna stick to pro clubs.

2 hours ago, Warnock said:

Anyone else struggling or is it just me? 

I can't win games online or offline, it's depressing as hell! 

I used to be fairly good at previous Fifa's but this one is totally against me whatever game mode I'm playing. If I win it's only a narrow one and chances are I didn't keep a clean sheet. My finishing one on one's is abysmal yet whoever I play make it look easy. There's just so many little bits that make it frustrating.

This isn't enjoyable, it's pure **** rage atm! :bang:

Play 4-3-3 attacking.  Set full backs to stay back whilst attacking.  Set both CMs to stay back whilst attacking.  Set the CAM to have a free role.  Tell the two wide players to Stay Wide and Get Behind.  Have a big striker and set him to Stay Central and Target Man.  

Thank me later. 

Â