PieFacE

Totally done with FIFA. Will never buy an EA game ever again. They simply don't change anything year upon year, even making the game worse.

Never mind the shite I talked about above, AI at world class or above isn't more difficult, it just makes the AI cheat. There's no polish on offline modes. I had players 'making their debuts' 10 games into their career with me. On Madden, regardless of whether you're 1 season or 10 seasons in it'll say '2016 stats' and won't be updated.

Ultimate team and microtransactions have totally ruined the sports game industry. And it'll never get better until people stop buying into their shit, which they won't. 

Done with it.

Edited by StefanAVFC

On 11/19/2016 at 10:48, StefanAVFC said:

Totally done with FIFA. Will never buy an EA game ever again. They simply don't change anything year upon year, even making the game worse.

Never mind the shite I talked about above, AI at world class or above isn't more difficult, it just makes the AI cheat. There's no polish on offline modes. I had players 'making their debuts' 10 games into their career with me. On Madden, regardless of whether you're 1 season or 10 seasons in it'll say '2016 stats' and won't be updated.

Ultimate team and microtransactions have totally ruined the sports game industry. And it'll never get better until people stop buying into their shit, which they won't. 

Done with it.

Problem is there are no good alternatives to these games so if you want to play any type of sports game, you are pretty much forced into buying EA. It sucks. I still buy the game, but if the game is pretty terrible, I don't partake in any microtransactions. I really hated fifa 16 so I stopped playing that entirely, didn't give them any money via ultimate team, and refused to preorder fifa 17.

Yeah I know what you mean Stefan, being the "better" team just = faster/stronger. It's ridiculous.

I always play as 4 star teams. You play against a 3.5 star team and your players feel boss. Play against a 4.5 star team and suddenly every tackle you make the ball bounces straight back to them, their tiny strikers win all the headers, get barged off the ball by tiny players. It's so dumb.

It's embarrassing way to code a game imo, the players should be better in different ways, not just faster/stronger.

Sadly, the majority of the FIFA crowd just play as 5 star teams so barely see how painful this game is playing as the "weakened" team. 

Edited by PieFacE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I still play, but not that often. The weekend league has kept me interested and allowed me to make a decent amount of coins. I try to play the weekend league twice a month, but it's tough. The amount of matches you have to play to get good rewards is insane. My best result was 31 wins with 8 losses. 40 matches in one weekend is just so tiresome. Now I typically try to get 15-20 wins in a weekend and stop. My girlfriend hates me playing fifa because of the weekend league. I tend to shout when my Messi and Griezmann miss easy sitters, but my opponent's Musa goes the other way and scores nearly every shot he takes. 

My team:

d255a0325b35dfaf50522b4dd14d1274.png

On 11/21/2016 at 15:36, Czechlad said:

Problem is there are no good alternatives to these games so if you want to play any type of sports game, you are pretty much forced into buying EA.

cough PES cough

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

PES has so many flaws. But it's streets ahead of the garbage that FIFA has become.

I played PES and wanted to like it. I really did, but just couldn't. The lack of game modes, and licensing makes it feel so fake. I did prefer the actual gameplay of PES to FIFA, but just barely. 

If they sorted out the weekend league's servers it'd be worth playing. But otherwise I just stick to clubs as a bit of a social outlet. But the AI is hilariously bad in Clubs, we scored a goal last night because their goalie tried to dive to punch the ball out - except he had run in to one of his own defenders, which turned him around, so he punched the ball in to his own net. 

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I played PES and wanted to like it. I really did, but just couldn't. The lack of game modes, and licensing makes it feel so fake. I did prefer the actual gameplay of PES to FIFA, but just barely. 

15 minutes with an option file and the lack of licensing is fixed. 

Game modes fair enough. I don't really play anything other than master league and online. Ultimate team is a con.

ANyway original comment was that there wasn't any alternative. There clearly is.

Is career mode fixed yet? Specifically the Board Expectation bugs that are impossible to complete which lower your manager rating and possibly get you sacked?

As an example:

"Increase 2 youth players by +10 points and play them in 10 games" - Done but still showing 0/2

10 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Is career mode fixed yet? Specifically the Board Expectation bugs that are impossible to complete which lower your manager rating and possibly get you sacked?

As an example:

"Increase 2 youth players by +10 points and play them in 10 games" - Done but still showing 0/2

I didn't have any issues with youth players progress. One of the goals for villa were to sell some youth for 3 million which I hate. The shit ones go for nothing, and the good ones I want to keep. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 17:34, Czechlad said:

I still play, but not that often. The weekend league has kept me interested and allowed me to make a decent amount of coins. I try to play the weekend league twice a month, but it's tough. The amount of matches you have to play to get good rewards is insane. My best result was 31 wins with 8 losses. 40 matches in one weekend is just so tiresome. Now I typically try to get 15-20 wins in a weekend and stop. My girlfriend hates me playing fifa because of the weekend league. I tend to shout when my Messi and Griezmann miss easy sitters, but my opponent's Musa goes the other way and scores nearly every shot he takes. 

My team:

d255a0325b35dfaf50522b4dd14d1274.png

That team is insane, how did you manage to get some of these players?

I have around 70k coins now from trading but every pack I get just gives 78-80 rated players that are worth 1k or so.

Â