PieFacE

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Daweii said:

I don't think I'd be able to help myself from lifting a copy of every game that came in.. I like to think I have a decent moral compass, but my thoughts when thinking about your job @villarocker make me question that lol.

Well, we are the UK's leading software distributor and I look after about £40-50m worth of stock. We stock the likes of World of Warcraft, Destiny, all the different COD's, just released Deus Ex and PES 2017. You name it and we probably have it. I count Fifa 17 every day as it's not released yet obviously and security is tight with guard watching it all the time. We're currently holding around 500k units of PS4 & PS4 with around 550k of Xb1 & X360 stock coming in today. It's a nightmare but pays the wages. Lol. 

By the way, I'm employed by Activision Blizzard and the only real perk is a free copy of the new COD every year. I usually do get a free Fifa off EA too but sell them as I have no interest in playing the damn things lol. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DK82 said:

Just played the demo, seems a vast improvement to me. Am I the only one who really enjoyed the demo? I expected to hate it (I really didn't like Fifa 16!)

I enjoyed the demo as well. I actually enjoyed the taster of Journey Mode in the demo.. It's Be A Pro with a legit story and RPG style decisions, it's kinda neat.. 

19 hours ago, AJ said:

Just saw the player ratings, and they must have sorted out Villa's on opposite day. Richards our best player?!

It just goes to show that when they rate the players they do it based on reputation and nothing more.

Demo is very different to the actual game though so don't expect the game play to be the same. I'm holding off till I get proper reviews to buy this game. Fifa 16 was so bad all around. Basically any reviews I see before the major update EA always releases about 2 weeks after release are moot. Game always is drastically changed by mid October. 

This game is just so much more enjoyable than last years. The gameplay changes aren't huge, but they've taken away the really annoying things.

Wingplay is now back. All your passes down the line are no longer automatically intercepted by the AI.
Crossing is back! You can now just put a normal cross into the box without having to turn at some silly angle for it to reach your striker without the keeper claiming it.
Defending is loads better, not constantly conceding shitty free kicks all over the pitch for 50/50 challenges.
New corner system is brilliant, though it seems most corners get cleared off the line which is weird
Most importantly, game play speed seems slower, you seem to have to take your time on the ball and pass accurately, and weight your passes better. It almost feels a bit more "manual", which is only a good thing.

So so so so much more entertaining to play than last years. 

I was watching the Alex Hunter Career thing on Youtube and the lad chose to play for Liverpool. There were small cut scenes that had Klopp in the tunnel and on the sidelines. It seemed to have a bit more depth and realism that the usual be a pro shit. I was quite impressed.

My question is, if I choose Villa will I see RDM etc.. in the cut scenes or are we not important enough?

I really might get this game at full price for the first time in about 5 years.

Â