Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Pearson is still evaluating the derby squad. imagine if we had him, we would probably be starting the season with okore and richards as cbs. RDM has done a fine job thus far

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Pearson is still evaluating the derby squad. imagine if we had him, we would probably be starting the season with okore and richards as cbs. RDM has done a fine job thus far

Honestly, I'm delighted that cretin is nowhere near my club. 

I am aware that he is a half decent manager. He has his teams well organised, occasionally playing some decent stuff with it and he can rabble rouse. However watching his smug demeanor, listening to his whiny condescending voice, the man gives me the creeps. On top of that as you say he's hardly the most progressive of managers and IMO he has a low ceiling. 

Making Will Hughes captain is an odd move as well. I get the impression he's not the type to go out and sign leaders, he wants to be cock of the roost. 

Derby may well finish above us, I don't know. They are an experienced squad now, as a squad and as I said, he's a good coach, but I'm very glad we didn't go down that road. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Before the appointment of RDM I wanted us to get Pearson instead, but then during the Derby game when saw the both of them in the dugouts it struck me that I was glad that Dr Tony went to Rome in a Ford Mondeo and brought us back RDM, and not Pearson.

It seems as if RDM does everything right at the moment. Hats off to Dr Tony as well as I got the impression that RDM was his personal choice.

I think it is really important, that the relationship between owner and manager is as good as it can be and I think it is......I am also pleased that from our point of view, so far, it looks a good choice too.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly, I'm delighted that cretin is nowhere near my club. 

I am aware that he is a half decent manager. He has his teams well organised, occasionally playing some decent stuff with it and he can rabble rouse. However watching his smug demeanor, listening to his whiny condescending voice, the man gives me the creeps. On top of that as you say he's hardly the most progressive of managers and IMO he has a low ceiling. 

Making Will Hughes captain is an odd move as well. I get the impression he's not the type to go out and sign leaders, he wants to be cock of the roost. 

Derby may well finish above us, I don't know. They are an experienced squad now, as a squad and as I said, he's a good coach, but I'm very glad we didn't go down that road. 

When our rebuilding is finished and we have time to gel, I think we will eclipse them.

9 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I gotta say RDM must be having a mixed feeling now

Good, in a way that the owner gives him whatever he wants in his squad.

a lot of pressure too - he has to deliver, at least taking the club to the play-offs. Otherwise, I personally will think this season is a fail.

Agreed. I think i could get this squad into the playoffs. 

Shall i send you my CV just incase? :P

8 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I gotta say RDM must be having a mixed feeling now

Good, in a way that the owner gives him whatever he wants in his squad.

a lot of pressure too - he has to deliver, at least asking the club to tthe play-offs. Otherwise, I personally will think this season is a fail.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect a Play -Of place, so yes if we didn't get one I'd be very disappointed.

It would depend how close we got though, as to whether 'fail' would be my choice of words.

Whilst we NOW feel full of hope and optimism it wasn't beyond imagination that we might have actually struggled to stop the fall this season - RDM really did inherit an absolute mess. 

As one example to get to the play-offs we will have to have gone from scoring 27 and conceding 76, to scoring 60+ and conceding 40 odd. And from 3 Wins to 20 odd.

That's a lot however its looked at.

So I have to say if we manage to even give it a go I would probably say 'fair enough'.

Just now, Deisler123 said:

As the world-class number 9? Sure!

Complete the following two questions:

1) Are you a national team player?

2) Are you pacey?

And don't forget to put your height in your CV.

:D

1) No

2) No

I'm 5. 10", 4 stone overweight, and I'm of breath climbing the stairs. 

If not Manager, could i be considered as a replacement for Libor Kozak?

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

1) No

2) No

No, but certainly a replacement for Gabby. What is your kebab intake like?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect a Play -Of place, so yes if we didn't get one I'd be very disappointed.

It would depend how close we got though, as to whether 'fail' would be my choice of words.

Whilst we NOW feel full of hope and optimism it wasn't beyond imagination that we might have actually struggled to stop the fall this season - RDM really did inherit an absolute mess. 

As one example to get to the play-offs we will have to have gone from scoring 27 and conceding 76, to scoring 60+ and conceding 40 odd. And from 3 Wins to 20 odd.

So I have to say if we manage to even give it a go I would probably say 'fair enough'.

Totally agreed. That is probably why RDM got a 2 year contract. He has to secure a play-off place to be on a safer side at the end of this season. 

If a few more signings (especially a 'world-class' number 9) are completed before deadline, I would say top 2 is the bottom line from the owner's perspective.

That said, I may have totally underestimated the competitiveness in this league.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

No, but certainly a replacement for Gabby. What is your kebab intake like?

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

4 stone overweight.

What do you think? :P

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Finishing less than 6th now would probably be failure in my eyes.  This division isn't that strong and we've spent a lot.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, av1 said:

1) No

2) No

av1 - that reply has just won the post of the season title.  Game over - and it's still August!!!

Some people are cool with making the playoffs, but I am not sure If my heart could take it. lol. 

I could imagine us being in the final, 0- 0  at 75 mins, Elphick get's injured, replaced by Okore who proceeds to score an own goal in the 85th.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some people are cool with making the playoffs, but I am not sure If my heart could take it. lol. 

I could imagine us being in the final, 0- 0  at 75 mins, Elphick get's injured, replaced by Okore who proceeds to score an own goal in the 85th.

*makes italian cornutto gestures at your avatar for 5 whole minutes while swearing*

• Like 1

Spending isn't enough in itself. I don't think a top 2 finish will be easy at all, but would agree that anything outside of the top 6 is a failure now. 

You would like to think that with a complete squad we'll be able to string a few wins together and soar up the table but it's been years since we've done anything like that and old habits die hard, even with new personnel.

I'm optimistic for the new season but I don't think anyone should be expecting automatic promotion - it's not our right - we'll have to work damn hard for it.

For all of the improved performances, we currently have one win in six outings this season and were relegated with 17 points last year. 

We can do this, but RDM deserves a hell of a lot of credit if we do. 

Edited by PatrickCousens
  • Like 1

He has to get us to playoffs this season at the very least and if we fail to go up then promotion is a must next season. Otherwise he would have failed.

We have smashed the Championship summer spending record have we not?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2016 at 18:19, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has to get us to playoffs this season at the very least and if we fail to go up then promotion is a must next season. Otherwise he would have failed.

We have smashed the Championship summer spending record have we not?

sold clark and gueye for 12m

spent 12m mccormack, 5m tish, 8m chester, 2.5m de laet, elphick 3m, gollini 3m, jedinak 4m

I have it as we have spent 25.5m so yes. But remember we spent nothing in janaury so between both those windows 12.5 each one which really isnt that much. 

Edited by Demitri_C

Â