If I Won the Lottery

mjmooney

On a side note I hardly ever win on scratch cards any more, not even the usual you won your money back wins.

I suppose it keeps the dream alive :(

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Let's say ten million pounds. What would you do? 

Go! 

Give £1m each to my mum,brother and sister. Buy a few properties and rent them out, buy a place abroad and go and live in the sun. Would probably move somewhere in mediterranean either Italy or one of the Greek Islands. Would lower my golf handicap significantly while I'm at it :D

I'd give some to friends and family. Buy a big house.  Order loads of super strong coke from the darkweb and have one hell of a party in my new house.

After that, probably tour the world going to as many music festivals as possible. Then after that.. no idea. Do something sensible probably. 

Edited by PieFacE

I'd take £5000 in 2p to a seaside arcade.  To see if it is possible to make a profit on the coin push machine. I think if you insert enough you can eventually push that big pile of coins over the edge and win more than you have put in. 

I have to know!!!!!!

Anyone know the answer?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Taxman takes 50% off anything over £2,500 doesn't he?

With that in mind I wouldn't give cash to anyone

No. Lottery wins are exept for capital gains and income tax. If you put it in the bank then in subsequent years you'll pay tax on the interest. Any gifts are unearned income and the recipient needs to declare them.

When you win £10m, take the financial advice the National Lottery offer.

No. Lottery wins are exept for capital gains and income tax. If you put it in the bank then in subsequent years you'll pay tax on the interest. Any gifts are unearned income and the recipient needs to declare them.

When you win £10m, take the financial advice the National Lottery offer.

Or don't and stick to my excuse ;)

i have thought abut that and im half convinced id do it (well not that much) take £1m and go on a stag do in vegas, take about 20 blokes for 3 days, hire 20 tuxes, put $1m (roughly £680k) on red or black, if i lose then ive still got the other £320k to enjoy ourselves with, if i win... im not sure if id survive it!

Depends on the level of money.

£1m - just buy a nice house, a car (old 911 or something like that) and put a fair bit in savings. I'd still work but it would just mean I could retire far earlier. I'd take my mates on a nice holiday as well.

£10m - quit work, buy a place in London as well as a big property up here in Little Aston or Four Oaks Estate. May buy a country pub / gastropub and just hang around there. Maybe a place in Spain as well. Few cars, nice holidays all the time.

£100m - a crazy Euromillions win. This is the game changer. A mews house in Kensington, a house in Four Oaks, a flat in Birmingham, a Manhattan residence and probably more. I'd buy Sutton Coldfield Town FC and invest some money in them and see them improve. Not like a Max Griggs investment but just improve the facilities etc. I'd also buy a load of thoroughbread racehorses and send them into training with some of the top trainers and hopefully would have a Derby or Arc winner in due course. I'd like to own a Michelin starred restaurant as well and well as a load of old real ale pubs across the city. A lot of classic cars and watches as well 

Ahhh its nice to dream

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

I'd work less (I'd still have to work a little to keep me sane), spend more time with family and friends and also have a lot more experiences (travel, big sporting events, play more sport). 

Most of this is achievable without huge cash injections though, so I'm working towards it already :-) My plan is simple. Pay off mortgage quickly (save a shed load of interest), never finance anything (save interest) and work hard now to maximise earnings whilst I'm able enough. 

Â