If I Won the Lottery

mjmooney

House in Greece, a third of the money to the kid, then get in my motorhome and get on the road. Oh and bring a band from canada over to play a gig here. 

Nothing earth shattering.

I'd probably buy some property. A nice town house somewhere, a luxury lodge in the Lake District/by a loch or something in addition to my existing house. 

Always liked the idea of owning a pub, just being able to swan in and get drinks, act all "king of the castle" and not have to worry about actually doing anything. If it was mentioned in the good pub guide on VT, I knew I'd made it.

Not fussed about cars, but I'd buy a nice, pretty one.

I often wonder what proportion I'd give to friends and family, enough to take care of any worries anyway.

I like to think I'd give some to charity too.

• Like 1

I'd get myself a nice place somewhere in Primrose Hill or St John's Wood.   With the change I guess I'd buy a can of coke or something. 

First I'd do is disappear with the missus and have a long hard think about things, then come back probably do up the house I live in and use it for my UK base, nothing special, 3 bedroom house on a council estate, then I'd go to America for as long as they'll let me, get a nice comfortable motor and just drive and drive try and see it all, staying in decent hotels, then I'd come back and probably get somewhere in Barcelona and just live out my days between here and there

Either that or end up in a gutter after the best weekend of my life

I would build a prototype of an idea I have for a hybrid motor. I genuinely have an idea that can be found nowhere on Google, quite exciting. However, with a baby and mortgage I have no money or the balls to take it further ATM.

House wise, I'd get a nice place on the Northumberland coast, as well as a flat in Brum for the football and cricket, I'd also get a flat in that London. Not bothered about flash cars, but I'd get myself a nice Jag or something. I'd also get a box at Villa Park, Edgbaston, and Lords. Holiday wise I'd probably do America for a bit, and then I'd probably follow the England cricket team around the world for a bit. I'd also sort out family and friends. Pay off mortgages etc. The rest I'd spend on cocaine, hookers, and vinyl records.

• Like 2

I'm not going to put a limit on the money.

I'd go travelling for long periods of time.

Buy a decent car, nothing more than 50k.

I'd need a project, so I'd buy Halesowen town, and get the fans involved. Democratically do things, not spunk loads of money, but make the crowd proud of the team. Free travel etc for them, and a nice upgrade to The Grove stadium.

Extreme mode:

Buy a private jet, helicopter and a huge yacht and have people cart me around to amazing places.

Get a chopper to the top of Mt. Everest, because I couldn't be bothered to do it, and I'd probably die.

Clear mortgage for my brother and sister. Take my dad to the Maracana. The rest goes into bricks and mortar.

Travel for a year then come back home and work for a local charity.

Buy a new house, apart from that...........carry on as I have been for years and years.Its not that I dont want things, its just that I am quite happy with what I already have ( apart from a new house )

Move to the south west, near the sea, in a secluded spot. Everything else would come after that. Would love to get away from Birmingham.

• Like 1

Pay off sister's mortgage, give a load to my parents, give a chunk to charity, then I'd do stuff for myself.

Buy a brown stone in Brooklyn, or an apartment in the Upper East Side in Manhattan. The prices there will never drop, it's safe money. Get my flying license and buy a small plane. Probably dabble in property investment a bit as well.

Buy a few cars, maybe build a house over here.

I don't know whether to be impressed or disappointed by all these sensible plans. 

I'm no different. Would probably buy a nice house in France or Italy, plus a load of books, CDs and musical instruments, but the rest could go to my kids.

I find it impossible to construct a fantasy which doesn't sound like a life of hard-work, scrounging relatives, rip-off artists, chuggers and ever-increasing hassle.

The house in Provence or Tuscany just sounds like the promise of twice as much DIY or having to deal with builders in another language.

In my head it always turns into a cross between Jean de Florette and Straw Dogs.

The fact that I don't buy Lottery tickets probably means I shouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Â