Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Maybe it really was a “pause” and not a cancellation.  Allowing for potential incompetence, it has always struck me as strange that the North Stand plans have remained on the website.

I think as long as you avoided getting caught up in all of the hysteria-based-on-no-evidence of us moving to a new stadium... this has always been the most obvious scenario.

I assume the additions to the board and partnerships has now made it a more financially viable pursuit

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

The pause was the most sensible and obvious thing imaginable and the fact so many people fail to grasp the legitimate reasons despite all the PSR and FFP discussions that have swirled all season. It's boggles the mind tbh 

Agreed, my only problem with it was the communication.

I think if they'd just been straight and said "it's not financially viable at the moment, we're reassessing and will relaunch it when we're sure we're getting the best deal" or something similar then there wouldn't have been the backlash

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's nothing to do with delaying to back him. It's about decreasing revenue just as the club get additional guaranteed 5 extra big home games where we will sell out. All when we are really at edge if FFP, the tightening rules with squad cost.and Jack 100m income rolling off our 3 year accounts.

The plans to knock down the North Stand this summer for 2 years. Like there is no worse date to do this. 

The club is increasing revenue per fan by making it easier and better for fans to come early and stay around the stadium. So with the increased number of games with Europe and increased income per fan. We're looking at £6m+ in 24/25 target income revenue.  

The exact season where in 2025 the squad cost calculations move to 70% and critically Jacks 100m income rolls off the calculation. 

This is on top of the impact having a demolished stand has on the image and atmosphere of the club and the big brand launch for AV150 and slew of new sponsors.

Stop talking sense!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I mean they haven't said offcially it has been totally scrapped either, just that there has been a comms vacuum for about five months on this when we originally expecting bulldozers to be virtually at Villa Park now.

They haven't taken down the future vision of Villa Park on the website either so is it the future by 2030, 2040?

Edited by The Fun Factory

Can see frictionless kiosks being installed all around the ground over the summer to aid efficiency and increase revenues. After the initial infrastructure investment you can then reduce staff costs. Over in Seattle at Lumen Field they have Amazon’s Just Walk Out retail merchandise stores…  

IMG_9910.jpeg

IMG_9909.jpeg

My question again is, what makes fans think they know more about the pros, cons, and project, than the highly qualified people hired to analyse and make such decisions? 🤔

I assume these aren't one person decisions either and will undoubtedly be run through board and committee, as well as owners?

The confidence with which people are making their claims about the right and wrong decisions would make you think they are in the boardroom or on the planning committee. Lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I suppose JV people on Villa Talk come from many walks of life. I am Sure we have designers, architects, builders, teachers, plasterers,  plumbers, accountants, executives etc etc. We also have people following the ups and downs of the club for decades!

I personally respect the views of others on here and I personally am very much a happy clapper type villa fan and it just is quite striking that we all know what is holding us back compared to Spurs, to take am example of a clin with a similar enough history to us, and we have delayed taking the action that will help us bridge that gap but haven't had any comms explaining why. The comms gap is not the fault of fans mate.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, CHW said:

It's hardly a decrease in revenue as FFP takes account of a stand being redeveloped in the calculations.  The North doesn't bring in much anyway.  

But the result is any redev is probably pushed back so far that the eventual benefit will now be post Emery.  So instead of having 50k+ in 2 seasons time, with massively increased corporate facilities we'll end up with below par fudged GA+ facilities and stadium income significantly lower than Everton, let alone the teams we are hoping to compete with.

If the delay is for anything other than looking at a wider project, then it's madness.

The cost of building the stand isn't included in FFP, the loss of revenue is. 

The delay is for the obvious reason. The reason stated. This is the absolute wrong time to do this. 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think as long as you avoided getting caught up in all of the hysteria-based-on-no-evidence of us moving to a new stadium... this has always been the most obvious scenario.

I assume the additions to the board and partnerships has now made it a more financially viable pursuit

This. I think with investment from Atairos and the new board members/recruitment, it's getting everything in place before going ahead with the building part of it.

I wonder when we'll start to see materials and equipment arrive for the warehouse work over the summer - my understanding is that some of the work in the North Stand on new areas has already started and is visible with new spaces being worked on behind hoardings - there's a lot of stuff planned for this summer and it'll be interesting to see when the club decides to talk about it. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder when we'll start to see materials and equipment arrive for the warehouse work over the summer - my understanding is that some of the work in the North Stand on new areas has already started and is visible with new spaces being worked on behind hoardings - there's a lot of stuff planned for this summer and it'll be interesting to see when the club decides to talk about it. 

Theme park prep 😉

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I suppose JV people on Villa Talk come from many walks of life. I am Sure we have designers, architects, builders, teachers, plasterers,  plumbers, accountants, executives etc etc. We also have people following the ups and downs of the club for decades!

I personally respect the views of others on here and I personally am very much a happy clapper type villa fan and it just is quite striking that we all know what is holding us back compared to Spurs, to take am example of a clin with a similar enough history to us, and we have delayed taking the action that will help us bridge that gap but haven't had any comms explaining why. The comms gap is not the fault of fans mate.

Maybe the new appointments to the board will now oversee a full review of the options and assess what’s doable and draw up plans with experts and then we will hear more once there is more to say about it…

Heck also mentioned a few reasons why and work is planned to bring the stadium to a standard befitting the club and ticket costs. Then I assume once we have upgraded these, The Warehouse is fully functioning and they’ve had time to research and consult a vision will be presented. Maybe get decided the plans worked up by Purslow weren’t ambitious enough. I was told previously Lerner had looked at a Chelsea Village set up for the north stand with integrated hotel. Patience is required. I’d rather the club be quiet until they have concrete plans to announce myself. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Last time I was I'm the North Stand I could not believe how bad it was. Is there any point making cosmetic changes to it, really?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Last time I was I'm the North Stand I could not believe how bad it was. Is there any point making cosmetic changes to it, really?

The club must think so and the cost of whatever it is they are doing must be worth it or they wouldn’t bother … 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

💰

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The Doug Ellis is just as bad. 

The Upper Trinity is a little better but not on par with other newer stadiums (ie:anything built in the last 25 years).

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The Doug Ellis is just as bad. 

The Upper Trinity is a little better but not on par with other newer stadiums (ie:anything built in the last 25 years).

amazing isnt it.

The Romans built the Colosseum.

All went a bit downhill from there didnt it, and we ended up with some.......stands.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

The cost of building the stand isn't included in FFP, the loss of revenue is. 

The delay is for the obvious reason. The reason stated. This is the absolute wrong time to do this. 

I think that's wrong.  I think you can make an allowance for the lost revenue due to the redev, so the impact on FFP revenue would be de minimus.

So it's absolutely the right time to do it, if indeed a North Stand redev is what we plan to do.

Â