Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

£200k for a house in Aston? You’ve got to be kidding! Besides I don’t think the future for increased revenues is bums on seats, it’s all about TV and sponsorship deals which can be increased globally, which is why our new partnership with Artairos  is happening I assume. 

They range from £160-450k…

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

What should the new stadium be called?

“Worlds Best Stadium” then commentators would have to say begrudgingly….”Aston Villa versus Liverpool at the Worlds Best Stadium” 😂. Feeling childish!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Sarah helped lead the acquisition, ownership syndication and restructuring of the Milwaukee Bucks for Fortress owner, Wes Edens, and co-owner, Marc Lasry. Following the acquisition of the team, Sarah moved to Milwaukee to work on the development of a 725,000 SF arena and 20 acres of surrounding mixed use development. 🖊️

gobrightline

Bloody hell, a stadium that holds 725,000 fans…I think that’s even ambitious for us

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

£200k for a house in Aston? You’ve got to be kidding! Besides I don’t think the future for increased revenues is bums on seats, it’s all about TV and sponsorship deals which can be increased globally, which is why our new partnership with Artairos  is happening I assume. 

It doesn't matter anyway. You offset the price of a house purchased with the sale of an apartment you build on the surrounding land.... Right next to the new railway station a 15 minute commute into Birmingham / HS2 station. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Bloody hell, a stadium that holds 725,000 fans…I think that’s even ambitious for us

Better double check those waiting list figures. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Quick look on Rightmove at houses for sale withtin half a mile of VP, including a few in that group of roads behind the Doug Ellis. They range from 170k to 200k. So it's not far off

Fair enough, I wouldn’t pay it though!!

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Better double check those waiting list figures. 

I’m more worried about the parking around the ground, I’ll be buying a monster truck next so I can park on top of other cars.  Plus I’ll have sleep in it because it’ll take a week to get away from the ground with all that traffic.  Feel sorry for those looking to get a pint at half time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

The King Emery Villa Park 

Yeah but then opposition fans will nickname it The KEV Park….I’m not buzzing for that….

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, nick76 said:

North Korea achieved this feat no more than an hour ago. 

• Haha 3

Something is definitely going on, it probably has something to do with redeveloping VP, it could be that they think we need a new stadium to push on. You can't rule anything out, they've contradicted themselves in the past regarding the North Stand and other areas surrounding the club, so who knows. 

I highly doubt it will be a new stadium though, there hasn't been a single rumour of a potential site for one and they aren't just going to come out of the blue and say 'oh we're building a stadium here, we just haven't told anyone'. 

We will surely hear something about this before the summer, I'd guess it will be to do with the North Stand and nothing else, but maybe they have bigger ideas and want to redevelop other stands too. 

I'm just glad the owners appear all in, we won't get better owners than the ones we have, you just get the sense they know exactly what they're doing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m more worried about the parking around the ground, I’ll be buying a monster truck next so I can park on top of other cars.  Plus I’ll have sleep in it because it’ll take a week to get away from the ground with all that traffic.  Feel sorry for those looking to get a pint at half time.

Which is one of the reasons why the future isn’t in bums on seat, it’s all about selling the club to the world not to a few thousand locals. People live their lives on the sofa these days, everything is available on line now, that’s just the way it is and NSWE are savvy enough to realise this. Covid proved that fans at grounds are no longer necessary to keep the money rolling. We need to get ahead of the game not stuck in the mud of the 1970s/80s. Before moving away from Brum I had a season ticket, so I don’t get to games very often now and so I’m probably less bothered about the subject than I was. Ok my situation is not necessarily the same as those who do live within reasonable traveling distance of B6 but the world has changed since I saw my first game at Villa Park when we were a third division club but it has definitely changed a lot and continues to change, with or without my permission. The future isn’t the same as anyone can reliably predict either now or what we thought 20 years ago. So I’m not claiming any wise vision of the future but spending millions or billions of pounds on bricks and mortar infrastructure, I would guess isn’t likely to happen. There has to be a better way and hopefully the decision makers at the club make the right decisions or we could suffer for a long time in the future. I’m reasonably confident that the digns seem right at this important point in our history. At least we’ve stopped appointing rubbish people to run the playing side, which I’d like to think will always remain important no matter what the future holds for us. Aston Villa Football Club will remain a football club for another thousand years. By which time we may have even won the FA Cup again!! Fingers crossed UTV!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

New stadium finally!!!!! Lets F'in GO!
Orascom Construction who have just completed the build of 90,000 seater stadium in Egypt, the largest in middle east and 2nd largest in Africa..

yeah no, this isnt for a stadium, its for the construction of Emery's stadium sized statue outside Villa Park.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Which is one of the reasons why the future isn’t in bums on seat, it’s all about selling the club to the world not to a few thousand locals. People live their lives on the sofa these days, everything is available on line now, that’s just the way it is and NSWE are savvy enough to realise this. Covid proved that fans at grounds are no longer necessary to keep the money rolling. We need to get ahead of the game not stuck in the mud of the 1970s/80s. Before moving away from Brum I had a season ticket, so I don’t get to games very often now and so I’m probably less bothered about the subject than I was. Ok my situation is not necessarily the same as those who do live within reasonable traveling distance of B6 but the world has changed since I saw my first game at Villa Park when we were a third division club but it has definitely changed a lot and continues to change, with or without my permission. The future isn’t the same as anyone can reliably predict either now or what we thought 20 years ago. So I’m not claiming any wise vision of the future but spending millions or billions of pounds on bricks and mortar infrastructure, I would guess isn’t likely to happen. There has to be a better way and hopefully the decision makers at the club make the right decisions or we could suffer for a long time in the future. I’m reasonably confident that the digns seem right at this important point in our history. At least we’ve stopped appointing rubbish people to run the playing side, which I’d like to think will always remain important no matter what the future holds for us. Aston Villa Football Club will remain a football club for another thousand years. By which time we may have even won the FA Cup again!! Fingers crossed UTV!!!!!

I was with you all the way through that argument, nodding my head and having many of the same feelings but then you blew it and said we may have even won the FA Cup again by then and I was lost….just pure fantasy land 😉😂

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah no, this isnt for a stadium, its for the construction of Emery's stadium sized statue outside Villa Park.

Must feature a revolving restaurant at the top his head. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interestingly all of the new Directors for Aston Villa have been added to be Directors for NSWE Stadium Ltd - the company that brought Villa Park a few years back.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10883540/officers

6 current officers

ANGELAKIS, Michael

Correspondence address
Villa Park, Trinity Road, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B6 6HE
Role ACTIVE
Director
Date of birth
April 1964
Appointed on
12 April 2024
Nationality
American