Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think there are some very claret and blue tinted specs behind this claim.

I'm sure there's consensus it's a "proper ground" and appeals to the traditional crowd. It's probably in the top half a dozen or so for that audience. But the consensus top, as in, number 1 stadium in the country? Come on now. 

I'd demolish every bit of it except for the Holte End without a second thought.

You're wrong. 

I've lost count of the number of times a neutral fan has told me Villa Park is their favourite ground. 

I've never had it even in my mind to tell the fan of a other club that. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The Holte End and the new Trinity each went up in about 6 months. May-December 1994/2000. Have things changed that much in construction that this stand will take 2 years? 

I don't think the projects are comparable.

I expect the facilities in the new Stand will be more extensive, especially compared to the Holte End. Also, many people complain that the Trinity Road stand looks like it was thrown together in a hurry, so perhaps the new stand should take more time. Plus, there was no change in ground level, which there significantly is for the new North.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tin hat on. I wouldn't mind if we built a brand new stadium...

Financially it would make a huge amount of sense. Buy one of the brown sites by new street. Build the stadium there. You'd get way more corporate day visiters. But we'd also lose the history of the stadium. 

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wonder how much it would cost to buy up the houses behind the Witton Lane to rebuild that stand properly?

A quick look at Google maps and it seems there are approximately 30 houses and flats on the west side of Holte Road that would be severely affected and another 20 further along but backing on to the Holte End and Holte End car park that could argue they were affected (blocking natural light etc.).

Zoopla has the average selling price in the past 12 months as £145k. Supposing that was rounded to £150k with a further £100k to cover expenses and good will. 50 houses at £250k each is £12.5m. Not an insurmountable cost, but if just one resident campaigned against, it wouldn't be a good look for the club.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brommy said:

A quick look at Google maps and it seems there are approximately 30 houses and flats on the west side of Holte Road that would be severely affected and another 20 further along but backing on to the Holte End and Holte End car park that could argue they were affected (blocking natural light etc.).

Zoopla has the average selling price in the past 12 months as £145k. Supposing that was rounded to £150k with a further £100k to cover expenses and good will. 50 houses at £250k each is £12.5m. Not an insurmountable cost, but if just one resident campaigned against, it wouldn't be a good look for the club.

Don't see how they can rebuild the stand then without doing that.

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Surely can't take 2 years to build. How long did it take to build the Trinity?

England was in the EU then...

9 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Surely can't take 2 years to build. How long did it take to build the Trinity?

the trinity is largely cladding and brick slip panels which is a quicker construction, i think the new north stand is mostly facing brick looking at the elevations (but not the sections) which is slower, dirtier and has more weather risk

plus with every project its also about whats in the ground and there's been a few comments about there supposedly being a load of shite under the north, they'd have to take all of that out first

10 hours ago, brommy said:

I don't think the projects are comparable.

I expect the facilities in the new Stand will be more extensive, especially compared to the Holte End. Also, many people complain that the Trinity Road stand looks like it was thrown together in a hurry, so perhaps the new stand should take more time. Plus, there was no change in ground level, which there significantly is for the new North.

The 2 years probably also includes the significant re-fit of the Trinity...

• Like 2

Never liked the poorly designed municipal style proposed Villa live building and hope it gets scrapped for good. the warehouse is much more in keeping and can easily grow in time if required. Well done to whoever conceived the idea to scrap it and repurpose what we already have. 

• Like 3

Just now, Buffs said:

What will they do with the space that Villa Live was going to be taking up?

From my understanding the Villa Live building was going to in place of ‘The Warehouse’. The new stand will take up most the car park and existing club shop site, and repurpose the family fun warehouse type building and landscape in between. Won’t be much left over I don’t think. 

• Like 1

Â