Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

im assuming some of these changes that are being considered are to help them make up for the revenue gap while the North Stand is shut. 

I think the survey says that the things they are thinking of would be after the completion of the North Stand.

• Like 1

I think they would probably like see how  many of the great unwashed are willing to pay for an occasional upgrade pre-match dinning/drinking experience before going to the match. If every season ticket  holder  was willing to do that a couple of times of a season at say 40- 50 quid plus a time, that would be a big revenue easier. 

@The Fun Factory I think that's true - the concern for me is, if not enough of the supporters that currently sit in the Holte End are interested in paying an additional £40-£50 a game for the GA+ idea, do they move the idea, or do they move those fans?

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

@The Fun Factory I think that's true - the concern for me is, if not enough of the supporters that currently sit in the Holte End are interested in paying an additional £40-£50 a game for the GA+ idea, do they move the idea, or do they move those fans?

That is a very interesting point and good question.  The natural place for GA+ after the North and Trinity will be Doug Ellis - but if they don't have plans for development due to land constraints you can see the Holte being looked at.  

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

currently not many areas other than the Holte could accomodate such an attempt. The Holte Suite allows this so assume its either make it work in the Holte or dont bother. Of course its just a thought provoking survey by an external party, the club may not be interested at all. 

Holte should be a huge 30k safe standing single terrace. Loads of bars and cheap food outlets underneath and plenty of toilets. Who needs fancy, we need a proper terrace and simple services to watch a football match. There are three other sides of the ground that can be dedicated to poncy grub and dancing around your hand bag. The game’s gone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just done the survey. All in all a bit strange really. My overall view is possibly, but I would like more information and what sort of prices you are thinking of Villa. I certainly wouldn't have it as part of my season ticket as I would conservatively estimate that would double my price I am paying now. 

On one hand, they are talking about safe standing, and then also concourse seating. If the idea is for safe standing to increase capacity within the 'phase 2' redevelopment I can't see where you would put concourse seating in. It would be too cramped.  Surely the real opportunity for safe standing was in the plans for the new north stand as you would be doing that from scratch rather than retrofitting a nearly 30 year old stand. Would it have to be reprofiled?  Also there are loads of season ticket holder in the Holte who have been in the same seat for years and I would expect would not be that happy seeing it convert to terracing.  A new stand would have new season ticket holders starting who may be more eager for change.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I think the tv studio definitely needs to be moved back to the Holte End corner or at least the opposite side of the North stand - but absolutely NOT by the away support. Could this not be suggested at the next supporters group meeting? I got back today and watched bits of the game which i had recorded . Saw Keown in the tv box celebrating like mad with the Arsenal fans. It makes the away support seem louder than it is also.

Edited by Hev
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Hev said:

I think the tv studio definitely needs to be moved back to the Holte End corner or at least the opposite side of the North stand - but absolutely NOT by the away support. Could this not be suggested at the next supporters group meeting? I got back today and watched bits of the game which i had recorded . Saw Keown in the tv box celebrating like mad with the Arsenal fans. It makes the away support seem louder than it is also.

Keown must have forgotten his stay at Villa then.  Should put the tv studio in the upper north concourse with ciggy smoke and pissy floors for the full villa park experience.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well it's still the current badge, isn't it. The new one has not been launched yet.

It's just me being a picky prick, but at 1:05 it's the old version with 'PREPARED' underneath.

Hello.

https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/Generic/StdResults.aspx?PT=Planning Applications On-Line&SC=Application Number contains 2023/01507/PA&FT=Planning Application Search Results&XMLSIDE=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Birmingham/Menus/PL.xml&XSLTemplate=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Birmingham/xslt/PL/PLResults.xslt&PS=10&XMLLoc=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/generic/XMLtemp/fawmwbbav15tmwn4bwxa4fuo/f6c2be81-61a8-42d4-a70f-fb8904aa2319.xml

Proposed refurbishment of the Holte End Stand facade, comprising insertion of 2no. doors and a window into existing bricked up reveals on the third floor; access to and use of existing external terrace as additional concourse area, featuring Brise soleil canopies over the new openings with integrated down lights to replace the existing; installation of furniture and planters to the central external terrace area on level 03; and Revised hours of operation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â