Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Owner attends both games away from home and tweets after with intention to get rid of players we all want rid of. What a terrible thing to do.

New owner attends a couple of matches? Wow, that changes everything doesn't it? Pretty sure Mr. Lerner did exactly the same in the beginning. Let's see how big of a fan this fella is in one year or two years when the "new shiny toy"-sensation has disappeared and he sees cash flowing out of his bank accounts. I wonder how long it is going to take before he realizes his outbursts about us being a top club in five years looks absolutely foolish. It's not a problem to be a dreamer, but of course anyone can say what they want w/o substantiating it - doesn't mean he is any better than a person holding his enthusiasm back a little bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Fans witness both games away from home and see the team totally capitulate and demonstrate little difference to last season and want to see improvements and think those improvements should be more visible. What a terrible thing to do.

Don't take it so personally

Just now, Richard said:

Fans witness both games away from home and see the team totally capitulate and demonstrate little difference to last season and want to see improvements and think those improvements should be more visible. What a terrible thing to do.

Which is what tony did and also wants to see. He speaks sense, as you said yourself. 

I think Xia cares and I think he is absolutely right to want rid of the rubbish. I just do t think saying it out loud attracts buyers and if we are left with them they will give even less of a shit than they do now.

1 minute ago, Papillon said:

New owner attends a couple of matches? Wow, that changes everything doesn't it? Pretty sure Mr. Lerner did exactly the same in the beginning. Let's see how big of a fan this fella is in one year or two years when the "new shiny toy"-sensation has disappeared and he sees cash flowing out of his bank accounts. I wonder how long it is going to take before he realizes his outbursts about us being a top club in five years looks absolutely foolish. It's not a problem to be a dreamer, but of course anyone can say what they want w/o substantiating it - doesn't mean he is any better than a person holding his enthusiasm back a little bit.

Transfer window is still open. 

And then you go on SkySports right now and almost at the top there is the headline "Xia Ready to Wield the Axe". This is what happens with baboons running shows on Twitter. Xia is the owner, he is not the manager, he is not a coach. He should stay away, the media will always pull headlines in any direction they want.

• Like 2

Just now, Papillon said:

And then you go on SkySports right now and almost at the top there is the headline "Xia Ready to Wield the Axe". This is what happens with baboons running shows on Twitter. Xia is the owner, he is not the manager, he is not a coach. He should stay away, the media will always pull headlines in any direction they want.

I think that headline is quite accurate and without spin.

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Owner attends both games away from home and tweets after with intention to get rid of players we all want rid of. What a terrible thing to do.

Just out of curiosity, if he starts throwing player names on twitter, will you still think it's ok? 

17 minutes ago, Papillon said:

New owner attends a couple of matches? Wow, that changes everything doesn't it?

But that's not what he said. Read again. Or are you just cutting short what he said to take it out of context on purpose?

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Absolutely. 

You didn't answer. 

What? A question about what tony might do and whether i would criticise him? Think your question is better phrased as would i criticise big tone if he did something wrong? Yep. For sure. Until then...

17 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Out of interest, are well allowed to use the word 'baboon?'

Just now, Jareth said:

What? A question about what tony might do and whether i would criticise him? Think your question is better phrased as would i criticise big tone if he did something wrong? Yep. For sure. Until then...

No, the question was whether you ( and the people who liked your initial post ) think the owner hypothetically throwing player names on twitter would be right or wrong. I thought it was pretty clear. 

If he never gets to this I'll praise him for his self control. But we all know it might be coming.

• Like 1

Â