Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

You lot are a tough crowd - seriously, the guy is doing loads of good work to rebuild this club (certainly a vast improvement on what we had a few months ago) and yet he still cops abuse and constant criticism from some Villa fans, who it seems to me, just like to moan and gripe about everything and anything.  Thankfully, he's not auditioning for the role - he owns the club and I doubt he cares one iota whether some of you "approve" of his methods - it is what it is and I for one am very happy we have him as an owner - I think he will get us back into the premier league and maybe competining again.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Richard said:

Utterly utterly ridiculous . I'm amazed that someone could even believe that to be true or a motivator behind the sceptical stance of a few posters . Or to even try to rubbish that stance by crying racism 

I wouldn't bother, Richard. Opinions have been explained in clear, concise manner - explaining that there is a misunderstanding in how it's seen.

And now it's being called that :D if some people won't even read the posts made, there's nothing you can do with that.

Diesler's post yesterday was excellent and explained it the best way I have on here. And to call anyone waiting to see it play out before deciding to go one way or another racist? Another great day on VT begins!

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Mel to summarise the last 20 pages, some people like his Tweets some don't.

Does that about cover it?

Pretty much. Comes across as incredibly unprofessional to me and a little embarrassing for AVFC. But meh, there's little I can do about it and it will bite him in the arse at some point. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Mel to summarise the last 20 pages, some people like his Tweets some don't.

Does that about cover it?

You missed the bit where some got called fan boys, some got called racists, and they all had a big pointless argument over nothing.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Pretty much. Comes across as incredibly unprofessional to me and a little embarrassing for AVFC. But meh, there's little I can do about it and it will bite him in the arse at some point. 

That's you on the racist list ;):D

(Not really, of course. It's a ridiculous suggestion)

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 3

What I think he will give the club is the figurehead who really wants to drum in a working ethos from the very top.

We've all been there, our direct managers are trying to get us to buy into something at work, a new project or a different way off working. But the top boss is didactic, and indifferent and it makes you think, '...why should I care if they don't?'.

I think it's fair to say Xia already has shown that he really cares, he desperately wants this to succeed. And he's quite confident he'll make in happen, he's experienced a lot of success in his life already. That will help the team. The management team will talk about it, that will filter down to the players and the fans are seeing it on social media.

We all blame Lerner for his lack of investment, but it's equally his lack of interest in the club that killed us. He didn't care enough to get involved, to make sure everything worked as it should.

As long as we don't see too much more Holloway type stuff I'm happy with the Twitter communication. I think it will slow down once the football starts, otherwise he'll trip himself up. At the very least he'll know what the fans are feeling. Lerner just didn't want to know.

Loving the fact some are twisting it to suggest that the only criticism has been over a few tweets. When it's quite clear that wasn't the case. I'll take that to mean a few have realised how ridiculous they were being. 

Bah, I'll throw my reservations regarding Xia, his wealth and his tweets down the toilet and start embrasing his enthusiasm right now. He is such a refreshing character. No more holding back!

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Hold on, Dave, that's a bit one-sided. It would seem from what you've said that you believe it's fine to be OTT one way (because that's the way of 'hope') but not the other* - that it's fine to 'rag on' people for holding one opinion but not another?

I haven't said that. I was responding to criticism of supporters who are happy and excited about the new owner.

It works both ways, but as I then point out in the next paragraph, if you're not even slightly excited and reinvigorated right now then I wonder what the point of it all is for you? Why put yourself through the misery? I don't think that's "ragging", I think it's a perfectly reasonable question. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I haven't said that. I was responding to criticism of supporters who are happy and excited about the new owner.

It works both ways, but as I then point out in the next paragraph, if you're not even slightly excited and reinvigorated right now then I wonder what the point of it all is for you? Why put yourself through the misery? I don't think that's "ragging", I think it's a perfectly reasonable question. 

Isn't calling people killjoys 'ragging'?

In answer to the question - Why put yourself through that misery? Perhaps it's an addiction and some people are Villa fans because they just are and there's nothing that can stop you being a Villa fan.

In answer to your question in the previous post: What happened to you that meant football ceased to be fun?

Villa over the last couple of years or more. :D

Anyway, let's all hope things are about to get better. And let's hope it starts on Sunday.

21 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Isn't calling people killjoys 'ragging'?

That is, again, a reference to those who seek to stop others from enjoying the moment. I was quite clear with who my post was aimed at, I'm not sure what's confusing you. 

Again, there's a clear line between those people and those who are simply expressing critical thinking of Tony Xia. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Utterly utterly ridiculous . I'm amazed that someone could even believe that to be true or a motivator behind the sceptical stance of a few posters . Or to even try to rubbish that stance by crying racism 

Â