Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

The other side of the coin is if Amavi and Ayew both gave there word to Tone it would come out they were lying were they to move now.

Of course. Xia must have had some assurances from them to be so convinced.

38 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Of course. Xia must have had some assurances from them to be so convinced.

Well not really!

(As i posted in the Ayew thread) If the owner does not want to sell a certain player there is not really a lot they can do about it. 

Its not like a manager that knows he will have an unhappy player on his books.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I can't help but wonder what RDM makes of the owner flapping his mouth in public about the playing squad.

I wonder what Avami or Ayew think about it.  If a player wants to go what can the chairman do.  If he digs his heels in like west brom and berahino then he has some balls and fair play.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Love the opinion that Tony is naive and doesn't understand english football because he's not some common bloke down the pub who can remember every funny thing Gazza did once. He's done his homework buying Villa and knows exactly what he is doing.  

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think it is a bit odd for posters to suggest Xia is naive and somehow cannot look after himself in the big world.

The guy is a billionaire businessman - how many of us on here can say that? Don't underestimate him.

Yup. A lot of condescending going on in this thread and it really tickles me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Love the opinion that Tony is naive and doesn't understand english football because he's not some common bloke down the pub who can remember every funny thing Gazza did once. He's done his homework buying Villa and knows exactly what he is doing.  

So who said that then!? 

I'm sure Lerner did the same....................

I'm still not convinced this is gonna work out, I mean where is the money. If he has money why not, for example write off Lescott's contract, he offers nothing to this team.

Where are the big money signings to get us out the Championship first time?

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Who has this opinion as you've stated here:

"doesn't understand english football because he's not some common bloke down the pub who can remember every funny thing Gazza did once"

Yer mean you don't understand the point I was making?

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

No. You were stating an opinion that nobody seems to have posted.

Unless it was your own then fair enough. 

Shenanigans my friend, shenanigans. No need to be so defensive.

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I would say he most definitely is naive to English football fans/English football culture/English idiocy. 

He's already been tripped up by his own naivety by someone purposely and blatantly on the wind up.

If one of Amavi or Ayew leave (or both) then I can imagine his Twitter feed being swamped with moaning supporters who say they've been lied to. They haven't; it's just that shit happens in football, but that's usually not reason enough for the average fan when they've been told certain things. 

He needs to realise these are big statements; and they're almost not worth saying in the first place due to the fallout they can bring. 

This. 

Someone should have a word and tell him a story... 

Once upon a time there was a General and a Snake!..

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Any chance he could give RDM a nudge to spend some money and get some **** quality players in pronto. 

Edited by Kingman

58 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm sure Lerner did the same....................

I'm still not convinced this is gonna work out, I mean where is the money. If he has money why not, for example write off Lescott's contract, he offers nothing to this team.

Where are the big money signings to get us out the Championship first time?

I keep seeing these posts about paying off contracts. Why do people think this? It simply wont happen, if players cant be sold or loaned then they are here to stay until their contract is up.

hilarious how black and white people think the world is.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I keep seeing these posts about paying off contracts. Why do people think this? It simply wont happen, if players cant be sold or loaned then they are here to stay until their contract is up. Hilarious how black and white people think the world is.

Genuine question, but wouldn't these negotiations go something like, "Gabby" [insert preferred name] we are sorry but we no longer feel you are fit our future plans and you will not see first team football here again. However, we would to help you engineer a move by allowing you a free transfer and helping any prospective buyer cover your wages. This will mean your financial terms would remain in tact in terms of wages - albeit with another club - and you would have a much better chance of actually playing.  Then we would essentially pay someone a lump sum to cover a percentage of his % of his wages - making him more affordable.  It sounds crazy suggesting we pay someone to take a player, I know, but if he stays and does not play we would be worse off keeping him because would have to pay the full wages ourselves.  Then there are the other negative effects of keeping a player who is not playing.  I have no knowledge of these issues, it would just make financial sense to me and it would be a better outcome for Gabby or whoever.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Genuine question, but wouldn't these negotiations go something like, "Gabby" [insert preferred name] we are sorry but we no longer feel you are fit our future plans and you will not see first team football here again. However, we would to help you engineer a move by allowing you a free transfer and helping any prospective buyer cover your current wage deal. This will mean your financial terms would remain in tact in terms of total wages - albeit with another club - and you would have a much better chance of actually playing.  Then we would essentially pay someone a lump sum to cover a percentage of his % of his wages.  It sounds crazy suggesting we pay someone to take a player, I know, but if he stays and does not play we would be worse off keeping him because would have to pay the full wages ourselves.  Then there are the other negative effects of keeping a player who is not playing.  I have real knowledge of these issues, it would just make financial sense to me and Gabby would get to play regular football again.

sorry but no, it won't happen. What kind of message does it send out to potential new players? Are we going to pay off anyone that doesn't perform, where does it end?

People need to drop this idea that we can pay off the underperforming players and have players queuing up to replace them. These things take time, they are complicated, things fall through. None of us know better that's why we aren't billionaires or football managers.

Â