In my lifetime, I would like...

CarewsEyebrowDesigner

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Obviously all the usual ones (world peace, cure for Cancer, end of religion)

But more specific:

- Collapse of the current football structure... Sky t go bust, the money to dry up and the clubs have start again, paying more realistic wages to people and acting in a more sustainable way

- Death of social media - its a cancer on society. People lives their lives trying to impress other people they barely know. Its bred a generation of narcissistic cockwombles

- Villa to win trophies (under the new sustainable football structure mentioned above) 

thats the end of VT then, is VT social media?

• Like 1

Forums and message boards were around long before Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc and I hope they will be there long after.

I wouldn't really class them as social media as people are anonymous on here. 

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

...to feel a pair of bewbs with my own hands.

Trust me. It's much more fun to feel them with that bit which isn't your hands :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Xela said:

- Collapse of the current football structure... Sky t go bust, the money to dry up and the clubs have start again, paying more realistic wages to people and acting in a more sustainable way

Imagine if the money never actually came in for the PL clubs next season, those same clubs overspend massively, cripple themselves financially and the Championship becomes the dominant league in the land.

To be free to decide/choose what to do and when.

I don't want money, it's a pretty horrible thing if you think about it, but it does give you the freedom of choice.

I'd love to buy a camper van and just travel in one direction, see how far I could get, see great things.

I'd love my son to be happy throughout his life, he's a happy little soul now, so it's my job to carry that on, give him the opportunities to do what he wants.

Cure all the nasty things, think that's a given.

Ultra high speed travel.  Get me to Moscow in 30 minutes - I hate the waiting around part of traveling.

3/4 day weekends to become the norm.  The only reason it isn't now is because of the greedy people up the chain, who want even more. 

Increase the spread of wealth so everyone can do what they want.  People really shouldn't be living in their overdrafts in 2016, and I know people who do.  It's a shame.

For country boarders to be abolished, then we could forget all this "immigration problem" bullshit.  Live where you want, when you want for however long you want.

I want house prices to crash.  There are some really shit houses, going for so much money, it's disgusting.  Get rid of this faux stock market.

To be given way more holiday, every year.

I basically only need to be moderately rich to live my dream of traveling :) - someone gimme some money! :D (only joking)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PriceyDownunder said:

A threesome with my wife and her best friend...

What does he think about that? 

• Like 4

obvs. all the **** off diseases - with especial nods to Alzheimers and Cancer. I'd like to leave this world, lights very much on thank you very much. 

nuclear fusion to be become the reality and solve our energy issues. 

collective consciousness to finally twig how manically destructive neoliberalism is economically, socially and ecologically and there to be a mass overthrow. People like Phillip Green and Osborne to be continually skewered to death over a number of months and years. 

No non-doms and the rich to pay their share etc allowing millions to live a life unencumbered by needless suffering. 

the rowing back of the Welsh language* - or at least have it removed from job specs as a desirable criteria. I've lived here 12 years perfectly fine without ever needing to use the damn thing, but there is a nationalist driven political push ( constantly being offered the chance to learn it for free! ) for this.  Annoying! Look Dylan, Gwyn and R.S Thomas all managed to evoke Welsh sensibilities perfectly beautifully without needing to communicate in the lingo! If it survived organically I really wouldn't mind so much. 

* this is a bit petty, granted. And conflicts with my general support for localised culture, but **** it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Me saying about a higher speed traveling system I've just seen hyperloop for the first time, still in really early testing phase, aiming for 800mph, Vegas to LA in 17 minutes

From a selfish point of view. making travel easier and opening it up to a lot more people has ruined a lot of places. Thailand being a prime example. I know that's a very snobbish view point but as soon as the masses have access to something, it inevitably loses some of its charm. If that makes sense?

If we ever get to the point where we can get to NYC in an hour or Bangkok in an hour in a tube under the sea then its not going to be as special IMO, despite how ground breaking the technology is 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

From a selfish point of view. making travel easier and opening it up to a lot more people has ruined a lot of places. Thailand being a prime example. I know that's a very snobbish view point but as soon as the masses have access to something, it inevitably loses some of its charm. If that makes sense?

If we ever get to the point where we can get to NYC in an hour or Bangkok in an hour in a tube under the sea then its not going to be as special IMO, despite how ground breaking the technology is 

I was going to say something to that effect. Fast travel can actually make overseas holidays less 'special'. 

In the early 80s a group of us went to the south of France via the following method - 

Bus into Leeds 

Train from Leeds to London KX 

Tube across London 

Train to Newhaven 

Night ferry to Dieppe 

Train to Paris GdN 

Taxi across Paris 

Train to Avignon 

Bus to Vaison 

When we got there it really felt that we'd made an epic journey to a fantastic place. 

By contrast, a couple of years ago the wife and I went to Corfu from Leeds/Bradford airport (5 mins from our house). We had breakfast at home, and were sitting drinking a beer in the sunshine by midday. Now in a way that was great, but it did take away some of the magic. I didn't feel like I'd travelled abroad, it was that quick. 

I think that what I'm saying is that travelling can have as much value as arriving. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Me saying about a higher speed traveling system I've just seen hyperloop for the first time, still in really early testing phase, aiming for 800mph, Vegas to LA in 17 minutes

why is everyone in such a bloody rush these days. for me the travelling time when your going somewhere for pleasure or interest is part of the experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I was going to say something to that effect. Fast travel can actually make overseas holidays less 'special'. 

In the early 80s a group of us went to the south of France via the following method - 

Bus into Leeds 

Train from Leeds to London KX 

Tube across London 

Train to Newhaven 

Night ferry to Dieppe 

Train to Paris GdN 

Taxi across Paris 

Train to Avignon 

Bus to Vaison 

When we got there it really felt that we'd made an epic journey to a fantastic place. 

By contrast, a couple of years ago the wife and I went to Corfu from Leeds/Bradford airport (5 mins from our house). We were sitting drinking a beer in the sunshine by midday. Now in a way that was great, but it did take away some of the magic. I didn't feel like I'd travelled abroad, it was that quick. 

I think that what I'm saying is that travelling can have as much value as arriving. 

exactly what i mean.

The Corfu thing was even more a strange experience for the missus, as she'd been there before - as a student she and her mate hitchhiked across Europe, taking about a week to get there.

why is everyone in such a bloody rush these days. for me the travelling time when your going somewhere for pleasure or interest is part of the experience.

I think my last holiday was driving 4-6 hours a day every other day, the one before it was about 36 hours in a plane and 14 hours sat in an airport waiting to get on the plane

If someone said in 50 years time you could do London to New York in less than an hour I think that'd be amazing

The novelty of sitting in an uncomfortable chair watching 4 films not being able to sleep has worn off for me

Â