In my lifetime, I would like...

CarewsEyebrowDesigner

1 minute ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Intelligent life to be discovered somewhere. Theoretically it should exist.

Aston Villa to win a major trophy... (obvious but still!)

For the 'classic' rock set-up (drums, bass, guitar, vocals) to be obsolete. Time to move on.

Your turn!

Fixed! :)

• Like 1

... to party like its 2099.

... for intelligent life to be discovered elsewhere in space

... for someone discover how to stop the ageing process

... for the world to become more tolerant

... for the world to stop using fossil fuels

... for the end of organised religion 

... to win the jackpot on the lottery (this will help me party like its 2099)

realistic and hopefully before i die - 

china and maybe even the other BRIICs economies to overthrow the states, brimingham to be fully developed and become "tall", 3D printers reach their full potential, lots of simple stuff that seems so small but will still be interesting such as plastic money and stuff like contactless payment become standard, in terms of work (construction) i know some companies are already researching and putting money in to drones replacing crane would love to see that, maybe a controversial one and one id admit i dont fully understand the pros and cons other than bigger portions for less money...GM foods being accepted in the UK

guessing - 

id agree with aliens, brain mapping, high speed rail systems making travel better (not in the UK, imagine one in the US though) travel would be a big one for me, i dont know what the answer is but hopefully before i die there will be a way of getting from london to sydney in under ten hours, failing that if you can pair VR with a system such as google earth...travelling the world without leaving your living room

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

... for the world to stop using fossil fuels

See my perpetual motion machine. :trollface:

I think it's highly feasible that in 20 years time most transport will be electric. The problem will be gas boilers, cookers etc. To replace with electric heater elements that are watt-thirsty is not the answer.

The day we crack the thermoelectric generator efficiency, we're laughing.

Aliens 

Teleportation

Nuneaton in the football league 

Cure for all disease 

Extinction of all religions

GB eurovision win

Villa champions league win

An interface to allow direct communication with animals 

True AI

I don't think any of those will happen. Some that could;

A new Suikoden game 

A single gaming platform 

Wireless electricity 

Proper driverless cars

Korean unification 

And I'm with CED, noise and non-music to take over the world. 

"Alright pop pickers, here it is, your top 5 this week! 

In at 5 it's tet+4 with bzzzzzzzztttttttzzzzz

Non mover at 4, *flahaha - gmmgnngmmgnn

At 3 the new single from by #@ergo, pffffffftttttttshhhhzzzzt

Unable to get to take the top spot,  still at 2, =(at8) with jhhjhhgaaasserrrpli

And for the sixth consecutive week, still top of the charts, - hogso- and his record breaking waaaaasshhhhhhhjkkkkxxxbxxxnzzzzzzzlllllllpop

Edited by hogso
I made a post

3 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

For the 'classic' rock set-up (drums, bass, guitar, vocals) to be obsolete. Time to move on.

Your turn!

Fcukme. This is in your top 3. Proper music to disappear??????????  Wow 

For me any music not being played totally 100% live by talented musicians who wrote the track they are playing should be abolished. It's so 21st century.  You need to Google I'd rather jack than Fleetwood Mac by the Reynolds girls. That's right The Reynolds girls who are the only act in their hit single you will never have heard of. They also wanted to abolish classic rock 

In my life time I would like...

To see the Villa win the FA Cup. 
To see the second decline of Vinyl, so it becomes cheap and affordable again.
Live through the death of all hipsters.
Someone at the BBC to realise Robbie Savage is word removed. 

Edited by dAVe80

To see the global ecological catastrophe - you see, I think it might happen, I think we may have reached a tipping point and I don't want to die just before it happens.

The history of the planet is one of millions of years, the history of humanity a couple of hundred thousand years - my three score and ten is a heartbeat, a flash in that time. Imagine if the most dramatic global effect since the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs starts ten years after my death, one heartbeat in the planet's time further on, one flash along? What a waste.

No. If we're having global ecological catastrophe I want to see it. I don't want to miss Norwich submitting to the sea, West Ham's new stadium eight feet underwater, weeks of lightning, deserts across Europe, an ice age - by what 20 years? 30? Pfft. I want to be here. 

If anyone wants me I'm trying to figure out how to do more damage to the planet.

A decent Villa owner.

Villa to be genuinely successful.

England to win the World Cup.

Travel across the UK to be modernised and not take forever and cost a fortune to get anywhere by car/train.

A successful free healthcare system where people are treated quickly and correctly first time round.

A cheap and viable alternative to fossil fuels.

Global emancipation of women.

A never-ending supply of bacon butties.

• Like 1

a cure for cancer

this is mine.i know people who have it and it's terminal.they all have that cancer look,that gaunt look.it is without doubt one of the vile things of life.

britain to be a republic.

the premier league to crash and burn and for football to be like it was in the 50's,60's,70's and early 80's so teams like derby,forest,burnley,ipswich,wolves etc could win the league regularly.

all women to have big tits.

• Like 1

Obviously all the usual ones (world peace, cure for Cancer, end of religion)

But more specific:

- Collapse of the current football structure... Sky t go bust, the money to dry up and the clubs have start again, paying more realistic wages to people and acting in a more sustainable way

- Death of social media - its a cancer on society. People lives their lives trying to impress other people they barely know. Its bred a generation of narcissistic cockwombles

- Villa to win trophies (under the new sustainable football structure mentioned above) 

• Like 1

Â