Demitri_C

Been giving the play offs more thought since we could be involved next season and I think a new rule should come into place.  

If the team finishing 3rd is 10 points or more ahead of 4th they get a buy into the final. 7th place team can make up the numbers and they play off like normal with the 6th, 5th, 4th.  Yes 2 extra games but only fair the team slogging it out for automatic promotion gets a rest. Teams like Hull today have been able to rest players for weeks.  No coincidence that Brighton players were dropping like flies last night.

Just now, S-Platt said:

Been giving the play offs more thought since we could be involved next season and I think a new rule should come into place.  

If the team finishing 3rd is 10 points or more ahead of 4th they get a buy into the final. 7th place team can make up the numbers and they play off like normal with the 6th, 5th, 4th.  Yes 2 extra games but only fair the team slogging it out for automatic promotion gets a rest. Teams like Hull today have been able to rest players for weeks.  No coincidence that Brighton players were dropping like flies last night.

Don't agree with that, that basically guarantees 3rd promotion as they play two less games. Current structure is good.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They play look us under Lambert towards the end. Possession for possession sake. No real pace, cut or drive. Slow, methodical passing so easy to get into position and defend against. Not able to get the striker in the game at all but lovely passing between the base of midfield and centre backs.

What a shit **** side. 

Bet you had fun if you watched the Walsall game!

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Walsall look absolutely terrible. Bloody hell if this team finished 3rd the rest of that league must be bloody shite in league one

They've played very well this season but when it comes to the crunch and big games they just don't have the killer mentality, they were like this at Wembley last season. League one isn't great though.

If Barnsley come up then there's 6k tickets in that away end....

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Seems the teams that just miss out on automatic promotion rarely get promoted

I think it depends.

If a team just misses out on the last day after being top 2 for most of the season then I can see why mentally it's tough to raise yourself for 3 more games.

If however you're about 5-10 points off top 2 then you can start prepare mentality a few games early.

So much of Football is played in the mind. 

Yes I agree there Chris. Both Walsall and Brighton fit your first scenario, although I wouldn't rule Brighton completely out 2-0 is possible to turn around but 3-0 is highly unlikely. 

47 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I agree there Chris. Both Walsall and Brighton fit your first scenario, although I wouldn't rule Brighton completely out 2-0 is possible to turn around but 3-0 is highly unlikely. 

Brighton had about 4 injuries on Friday so difficult to see them all recovering and they still have Dale Stephens suspended, think Wednesday will nick a goal aswell.

Would like to see Sheff Weds come up. Hull would be a boring promotion as we've seen them in the prem before, we haven't seen Wednesday in quite a while now.

14 hours ago, S-Platt said:

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't agree with that, that basically guarantees 3rd promotion as they play two less games. Current structure is good.

What if 3rd and 4th finish miles ahead of 5th. In all fairness if 3 go straight down then 3 should straight go up. I enjoy the playoffs and actually wish the Premier Ship had playoffs to go down even if that means we would have been down a few seasons ago. 

Bottom 6 teams, 1 day 3 games and the losers go down. It would stop teams trying to draw their way through a season and no matter how unfair it might be on a team that finishes 15th if they went down it would mean teams would always have to attack. 

In fact you could have this across all divisions and have a "Relegation day"

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

like everton ive always had a soft spot for sheffield wednesday. proper football club,passionate fans and a traditional footy ground. the noise at hillsborough the other night was immense at times. hope hull go up though because id much prefer games against wednesday and derby rather than shitty hull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton had about 4 injuries on Friday so difficult to see them all recovering and they still have Dale Stephens suspended, think Wednesday will nick a goal aswell.

Would like to see Sheff Weds come up. Hull would be a boring promotion as we've seen them in the prem before, we haven't seen Wednesday in quite a while now.

Me too Chris, I will always have a soft spot for Wedenesday after running on the pitch at Hillsborough when we beat them 4-0 to celebrate our promotion from the then div 2. I hope we dont spend so long outside the top div this time and drop down another division. 

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Sam Baldock. I don't think I ever seen him doing anything ever. What a complete nothing player.

I think he's a good finisher, if memory serves, we had him on trial about 10 years ago

Â