Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Game was dour, uninspired and lifeless on the whole.

What a great day out Villa Park has turned into though. The march, the balloons, the beach balls, paper planes, inflatable bananas, inflatable dinosaurs, inflatable genitals, inflatable stuff of all description, silly songs, serious songs, loud songs, booing some, cheering others, pantomime, theatre, drama, tragedy and comedy all rolled into one.

The football is an almost irrelevant aside, it's just the reason we happened to be there - do you reckon if we're good, we could just meet up over the summer at Villa Park every couple of weeks and keep doing it?

• Like 4

Missed the march after a train delay nightmare. Game was great though; not in terms of the football as it was probably one of the worst matches I've seen in my life between two atrocious teams who fully deserve to go down, but I'm glad I went just for the atmosphere. We gave them a great send off (not that they deserve it).

I also didn't want Newcastle down with us but it's worth it for the fun today.

Can't remember anything of note from the game really so my MOTM vote goes to Alan Hutton for that shot.

Gana and Ayew were our only half decent players, and both were playing for a move. I think Eric Black must be the worst manager we've ever had, even worse than mcleish.

"Down with the villa!" ❤️

• Like 3

Just got home and still smiling.

Yes we've been relegated this season but what a way to end our membership of the Premier League at Villa Park.

The fans in every stand were superb today and the laughter, singing and general taking the piss out of the Newcastle fans was top notch.

Newcastle thought they were going to walk the game today and they were wrong.

The game wasn't good but what we did see is how quickly the fans will get behind the team when they see commitment and passion from the players.

It's certainly given me a great day out

• Like 3

just seen some of our support on sky sports and social media, absolutely class. the team dont deserve it but fair play to the fans for a great send off. also the banners on the holte made me laugh, those poor geordies had the piss taken out of them again big time. saw a video of us chanting sunderland to the geordies which was funny. our fans are not perfect but we have done the club proud and im proud to be a villa fan. UTV

• Like 2

There was a lot of effort put in by the players yesterday, makes you wonder if we would be in such trouble if they showed that fight earlier in the season.

The noise from VP yesterday was outstanding at times!

• Like 1

The two people I'd expect to get the most grief from about relegation support our likely dropmates, Newcastle and Norwich.

Yesterday could have been worse.

Just back from a weekend in Brum, with a huge smile on my face, despite the shit match, and the fact we're terrible. Had an absolute ball yesterday, with loads of beers, laughs, and good sing song on the Holte. To top it all off, we've probably dragged those black and white ******* down with us! Oh my, I'm getting some pay back this week! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AXD said:

i noticed Westwood, clark, hutton and ayew came to greet the supporters straight after the game, not surprisingly the players who actually make an effort during games. Hope we keep them and get rid of the likes of bacuna, lescott and Sánchez.

I noticed the first two players to head off the pitch were Lescott and Bacuna. Let's hope they're two of the first to head out the door permanently as well. 

51 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I cant really blame them tbh.

Granted, being booed all game doesn't encourage you to stay on the pitch. On the other hand, if they had any desire to win the fans back and stay at the club they'd need to show some extra effort. Clearly they're both out the door mentally, I hope their bodies follow their minds shortly. 

I think particularly Bacuna knows that his time is well and truely over. Bet he cleared his locker before the others got back to the changing room!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Â