The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

So is that one person rather than "some people"? I guess my initial post is somewhat corrected, one person excited then.

Jareth: Hollis has seen everything he needs to

Dr Pangloss: 'Such as the Birds Nest LOL'

You must have hated typing that above post then?

LOL'ing with anger, I imagine.

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

If the Villa press office were worth their salt they would be all over these FT articles and social media concerns, making some statements, quelling concerns and providing reassurances.  Unfortunately looking at the "media watch" they don't seem to be on top of this do they!

Aston Villa BBC

Bevington leaves Villa after two months

Tue, 17 May 2016 09:15:07 +0100

Aston Villa Club Call

Bevington ends Villa advisory stint

Tue, 17 May 2016 08:30:01 +0100

Maybe just maybe Villa know more than we do.. Sure FT have been doing some digging but it's still digging in the vast sea of Chinese secrecy. We are seeing a hell of a lot of people looking for something bad, finding something that could have easily been lost in translation and panicking.. I don't want Villa to implode as much as everyone else, but I'm not super concerned right now until actual factual things start happening.. Right now we're just a bunch of people with far too much spare time on a forum waiting for the next piece of news and speculation is running wild right now, it's out of control it's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I think it's completely unrealistic to expect an owner in this day and age, to have the fans/club of a football club completely at heart and interest and be able to compete at the upper echelons of the premier league. 

I suppose it's down to personal opinion but I for one would prefer us to be remembered for winning trophies then as the club who refused to salute Hitler.

No multi millionaire is 100% straight imo. 

Dr Tony... I couldn't really give a monkeys who you are or get up to. Just please provide me with a football team worth watching. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's only my faith in Hollis that's keeping me on board at the moment.  He was pretty cagey with the question about being bankrolled by the Chinese government too, so that could still be where this is led from.

But even Hollis doen't appear to have done his due dilegance that well - he was wrong about how many companies recon own - wrong about Dr X and the bird nest stadium....

It could be the Chinese have a different culture - but there are red flags all over this deal......

It does seem weve sold to the first geezer whose stumped up £60m.

No element of this deal is what it seems - even how old the geezer buying us is ? - is it Recon or Rui Kang ? - how rich is Dr x ? - who owns RECON ?  - Does Dr X have a PHD ? 

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Jareth: Hollis has seen everything he needs to

Dr Pangloss: 'Such as the Birds Nest LOL'

You must have hated typing that above post then?

LOL'ing with anger, I imagine.

Maybe you have issues processing the English language but that is hardly willing anything to implode rather just taking a swipe at Hollis' ability to audit a buyer.

22 minutes ago, Godders said:

Didn't Bernstein and King and Bevington all say that the future looks good for AVFC in departing the club? And didn't Lerner, in his closing monologue, say he's spent a lot of time with Dr. Tony recently? 

It seems then, that Bernstein, King and Bevington all knew it was Recon and Dr Xia, and all approve of him.

I'm still optimistic.

You may be right about Bernstein and King.  But I don't think we can be sure.  I'd still be keen to hear their opinions.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm reading posts but I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

A man nobody has heard of before has turned up claiming to be the messiah. Randy Lerner tells us he's the real deal.

Some people want to believe, some people would like a bit of a sense check on claims of his miracles.

Doubts about his Olympic medals, space technology, how many companies he has, the reported business losses and whether he really is a doctor should not influence whether we sign the club over to him. It will all just be fine. There is no way the out going Board could **** this up. Absolutely no way. No way.

• Like 3

At least it can't be as bad as Parma getting bought by Albanian gangsters who used the club to launder drug money, right?

...right?

...RIGHT???

• Like 2

I think we all want to see the club successful under a bright new owner, but we shouldn't set aside our critical faculties just because change is promised. The main communication we have from the club is the official statement, and that itself is vague never mind that it contained incorrect information to start with.

Recon Group is a multinational conglomerate group led by Dr. Tony Jiantong Xia. The group holding company owns, directly and indirectly, the shares of several publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges and many other private companies employing 35,000 people in 75 countries.

Plenty has been said about the first part in bold already, so we'll skip to the use of impressive sounding numbers which in reality don't add up to much. Recon group has sod all to do with those numbers, they just own shares in companies that are responsible for them.

This happens again

Recon Group is a multinational conglomerate operating in six core business sectors and has taken advantage of China's economic growth over the last two decades as the Government has carried out a programme of moving 500 million people from rural to urban living

Impressive! But of no relevance to us whatsover. Why is it in the statement?

Recon Group has been at the forefront of this giant urbanisation development and holds an estimated 40% market share of the Digital City business sector.

How has it been at the forefront? What is the 'digital city business sector anyway'?

Lotus Health Group, part of the Health and Agriculture Division, is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and is the largest glutamic company in China and the second largest in the world with 12,000 employees, 10,000 distributors in China and 40,000 worldwide in 70 countries.

This sounds good too but how much of this is down to Recon? Looking at their losses, there are questions need to be asked if this is their most impressive asset

I'm not even going to bother with the Villa fan guff and long-term goals at the end because every new owner does it.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5580405,00.html

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A man nobody has heard of before has turned up claiming to be the messiah. Randy Lerner tells us he's the real deal.

Some people want to believe, some people would like a bit of a sense check on claims of his miracles.

Doubts about his Olympic medals, space technology, how many companies he has, the reported business losses and whether he really is a doctor should not influence whether we sign the club over to him. It will all just be fine. There is no way the out going Board could **** this up. Absolutely no way. No way.

200w.gif

People seem to be confused regarding the due diligence Hollis would have carried out. 

The ONLY due diligence he would have carried out would be to discovery whether Dr T could afford the asking price. He even said so himself in his Tom Ross interview yesterday. 

Hollis works for Randy Lerner, not us.