The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

As far as I'm concerned, and this is what I read from Mike's post, it's about possible Chinese government (or Chinese state or CCP, however one may want to term it) backing not about nationality or where someone is from.

To be fair, even if it's just someone wanting to curry favour with the bods at the top of the CCP then it makes me incredibly uncomfortable at best.

Alright then. Let's just stop here. I guess it is no use to continue conversation on such a controversial topic.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I am sorry - how is  China being ' a one-party dictatorship with an apalling human rights record' relevant to you or your beloved club? 

Enlighten me please. 

34742192.jpg

So as well as purchasing us they expect to announce the takeover of 4 listed companies imminently. That must be a huge amount of investment. Where has that cash come from?

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

So as well as purchasing us they expect to announce the takeover of 4 listed companies imminently. That must be a huge amount of investment. Where has that cash come from?

We don't know. The group is made up of many private companies we really know nothing about.  Doesn't mean anything dodgy, just means we don't know.  For example, Hollis said "Tony Xia's has been instrumental in the regeneration and the building of over 60 of the new cities and relocating 500 million people into the urban areas."  Maybe that raised a few quid!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where does any money come from?

Printed, stolen, earned, laundered...... It's all made up anyway. 

He is probably a front end for a load of powerful people in China looking to develop a Chinese football market. It's a bit like having a letter from Susan Smith from BT Customer services manager, but there being no Susan Smith. 

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Everyone jumping on these quotes from someone only known as Mr Jin from a telephone conversation? Calm down people, let's see what happens. Who is Mr Jin? What makes him more credible than Xia or Hollis?

jin_kazama_id_by_ask_jinkazama-d5elueq.j

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

We don't know. The group is made up of many private companies we really know nothing about.  Doesn't mean anything dodgy, just means we don't know.  For example, Hollis said "Tony Xia's has been instrumental in the regeneration and the building of over 60 of the new cities and relocating 500 million people into the urban areas."  Maybe that raised a few quid!

60 new cities! I heard Hollis say that as well. What cities are they? No one seems to know!

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic as we were going nowhere under Lerner so I'm willing to see how this pans out. I'd like to think we have done substantial due diligence on them but from early revelations its looks as though there are some discrepancies. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Government.. I am more and more convinced that Recon Group is nothing more than a shell corporation that the government have been using for whatever means. I mean is Recon a listed company? All Recon Group seem to do is hold stock and may have a secondary purpose such as getting money out of the country in bulk as I'm not 100% sure, but I believe China have caps on such things that even the government have to adhere to. Not an expert here by any means though.

Didn't Bernstein and King and Bevington all say that the future looks good for AVFC in departing the club? And didn't Lerner, in his closing monologue, say he's spent a lot of time with Dr. Tony recently? 

It seems then, that Bernstein, King and Bevington all knew it was Recon and Dr Xia, and all approve of him.

I'm still optimistic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

i think I going to trust that Steve Hollis is not an idiot and he would have been given a lot of information about all his businesses.  I am 100% convinced he would have done due diligence and is confident the guy can deliver on what he has promised.

It's only my faith in Hollis that's keeping me on board at the moment.  He was pretty cagey with the question about being bankrolled by the Chinese government too, so that could still be where this is led from.

If the Villa press office were worth their salt they would be all over these FT articles and social media concerns, making some statements, quelling concerns and providing reassurances.  Unfortunately looking at the "media watch" they don't seem to be on top of this do they!

Aston Villa BBC

Bevington leaves Villa after two months

Tue, 17 May 2016 09:15:07 +0100

Aston Villa Club Call

Bevington ends Villa advisory stint

Tue, 17 May 2016 08:30:01 +0100

7 minutes ago, Godders said:

Didn't Bernstein and King and Bevington all say that the future looks good for AVFC in departing the club? And didn't Lerner, in his closing monologue, say he's spent a lot of time with Dr. Tony recently? 

It seems then, that Bernstein, King and Bevington all knew it was Recon and Dr Xia, and all approve of him.

I'm still optimistic.

Wonder why B&K left pretty lively then?

6 minutes ago, VaudevillianVillan said:

I have a feeling that we will continue to not know anything until the takeover is complete and the spending starts/doesn't start. Maybe not even then...

I think this will be one of them football owners who we'll know nothing about for many years but will still be contented with due to the fact he has bucket-loads of money. :)

• Like 2