The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

6 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

Well I'd Google Chris Samuelson an Everton fc an then reading fc an draw your own conclusions, either way he is not here for the love of Aston villa, no one has heard of banfill, but he is apparently an associate of samuelsons 

So "extremely dodgy members" because one is an investor and one you know nothing of at all?

OK then...

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Possibly the Chinese business man who owns Recon and has just proved beyond doubt his cash reserves to the FA?

I hope so but why the need for a Swiss financier who has been involved in several other failedtakeovers who has been investigated for money laundering and a couple of his mates, I'm afraid this part of the takeover worries me

38 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

Is it just me that remains incredibly sceptical especially given the extremely dodgy members we have on our board

i still fear we will be hearing the words 'refinancing' or 'seeking new investment' sooner or later

I certainly hope so.  The more the better.

Just now, backofthenet said:

I hope so but why the need for a Swiss financier who has been involved in several other failedtakeovers who has been investigated for money laundering and a couple of his mates, I'm afraid this part of the takeover worries me

I can tell you as a matter of absolute fact that a very large number of very well known High Street businesses, from Estate Agents to Car Dealers to Builders Merchants to allsorts have been investigated for money laundering.  Very few have been prosecuted though, so they rightly retain their good name (such as it is ) and reputation.

Whether that helps assuage your fears, I don't know.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, myko said:

Will there be a way of watching the press conference live does anyone know?

Yes, AFAIK, it will at least be live by China's most popular online TV broadcaster.

If you need link, I can post it to you in private message. But unfortunately you won't understand the commentators' language, which I guess doesn't really matter. :)

Edited by Deisler123

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I can tell you as a matter of absolute fact that a very large number of very well known High Street businesses, from Estate Agents to Car Dealers to Builders Merchants to allsorts have been investigated for money laundering.  Very few have been prosecuted though, so they rightly retain their good name (such as it is ) and reputation.

Whether that helps assuage your fears, I don't know.

I don't doubt what you say in the slightest but everyone on the board is an associate of Samuelson!

if dr xia was the driving force behind the takeover where are his associates that he works with on a daily basis?

like I stated I hope that my fears are unfounded but I remain sceptical 

6 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

I don't doubt what you say in the slightest but everyone on the board is an associate of Samuelson!

if dr xia was the driving force behind the takeover where are his associates that he works with on a daily basis?

"Samuelson was instrumental in getting Dr Xia interested in the Villa project and introduced the new owner to Wyness. "

quote from bbc

4 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

So has the board been confirmed then?

Maybe Xia needed an 'associate' who knew about takeover dealings in Europe and England and not one who knew about MSG manufacturing in China... Don't get me wrong some of what you can read online about Samuelson doesn't sound great but I'll judge those involved based on what they do for Villa.

1 minute ago, meme said:

So (my assumption is) Samuelson must have also worked Hollis at the Villa end as well and the majority have praised his work on this...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meme said:

He was also instrumental in finding some Russian guy who no one had heard of to takeover reading, the guy then disappeared back to Russia an Samuelson then tried to buy the club on the cheap after they booted him off the board

he was also last linked with attempting to takeover the mighty Bristol rovers

7 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

He was also instrumental in finding some Russian guy who no one had heard of to takeover reading, the guy then disappeared back to Russia an Samuelson then tried to buy the club on the cheap after they booted him off the board

he was also last linked with attempting to takeover the mighty Bristol rovers

What's your hypothesis? That Xia is dodgy? Recon? 

When I started this years' takeover thread, I had no idea it would be 'the one'.

Now the takeover is completed and the Dr. himself is in the building. 

Do the club, the badge, the name and the fans proud, Doc'. I suspect you will. 

Watch out Championship. We are Aston Vera and we can't be stopped. 

• Like 3