The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

Does anyone know what the Rui Kang Groups is worth ? Are we talking about multi billionaires or what is this group ?

No one knows. They are a Hong Kong shell company for someone in mainland China to move money through.

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

Does anyone know what the Rui Kang Groups is worth ? Are we talking about multi billionaires or what is this group ?

It's hard to tell, they seem a bit shady to be honest

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's hard to tell, they seem a bit shady to be honest

The Chinese government have made it more difficult for nationals to move money out of mainland China (due in large part to the large stock market crashes they had last year), so now a lot of money flows through Hong Kong where the financial controls are a bit more relaxed. So its quite difficult to know who's behind it and whether they are shady or not.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

hahahahahahaha! 

I'm not going to get drawn into anything silly but Howard didn't 'confirm' anything, he didn't claim to be in the know and was just talking about rumours. 

I have always found Howard Hodgson

• Knowledgeable
  • Articulate
  • forthright in his views
  • dedicated(fan)
  • successful business man
  • logical

Like all opinions some are more valuable than others and that is the choice of the recipient.....I find Howard worth listening to.....despite the fact that no one can be always right.

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

• Knowledgeable
  • Articulate
  • dedicated(fan)
  • logical

Like all opinions some are more valuable than others and that is the choice of the recipient.....I find Howard worth listening to.....despite the fact that no one can be always right.

I never said he wasn't any of those things. I didn't say anything negative about Howard, all I was saying is that he didn't say the words that the guy on TBAR said he did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

I never said he wasn't any of those things. I didn't say anything negative about Howard, all I was saying is that he didn't say the words that the guy on TBAR said he did. 

Equally, I wasn't been critical of you and your comments.

just adding my pennyworth on him.

good guy IMO

He was banned by Paul Faulkner for his out spoken comments on the running of the club ...He was also instrumental with Carl Chinn, Jonathan Fear and Naz in supporting "Villa Fans Combined"

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

• Knowledgeable
  • Articulate
  • dedicated(fan)
  • logical

I fully expected this to be a funny acrostic :(

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

The longer the delay in certainty the harder the job of competing next season

This is true if this drags on another 3-4 weeks, but we're in the same boat as others right now in that every club is on holiday and no one is thinking about next-season. If we're not sorted with a manager and at least some ownership by the time we approach pre-season then we can really start to panic. Fortunately it does seem that regardless of Rui Kang's questionable financial situation they have a lot already done for when it's finally complete, they've had Comolli scouting us for months so he likely has a massive list of players to approach and players to sell/release. We've had likely our new CEO on board helping Rui Kang for months so he knows the score already and has an advantage as he knows the funds he's got to use with Rui Kang. So yes it could get dicey but we're in a far better position knowing our potential owners already have a structure in place somewhat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

This is true if this drags on another 3-4 weeks, but we're in the same boat as others right now in that every club is on holiday and no one is thinking about next-season. If we're not sorted with a manager and at least some ownership by the time we approach pre-season then we can really start to panic. Fortunately it does seem that regardless of Rui Kang's questionable financial situation they have a lot already done for when it's finally complete, they've had Comolli scouting us for months so he likely has a massive list of players to approach and players to sell/release. We've had likely our new CEO on board helping Rui Kang for months so he knows the score already and has an advantage as he knows the funds he's got to use with Rui Kang. So yes it could get dicey but we're in a far better position knowing our potential owners already have a structure in place somewhat.

Firstly I actually dispute we are in the same boat as others unless the boat is named shit street.  We have no manager, or coaching team   doubts about ownership,  no board to speak of a squad of players that needs gutting and replacing and are getting rid of staff as if it's going our of fashion.  I am not sure there is another club in that division who has as much uncertainty or work to do as us.

You mention Rui Kang and yes I have seen this name mentioned a few times,  mostly on here.  Is that a certainty then,  do you know for sure that they have bid,  have carried out due diligence and have done their homework on the club,  nevermind having the financial clout to turn the club around quickly?  Comolli's skillset is questionable with hardly unblemished cv and some less than favourable comments. Who is this new CEO on board? At the moment the two people running the club are Hollis and Krulak,  no other appointments have been made.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Did you know that Juan Pablo Angel took 10 pens and missed 5 of them for Villa.  That info is as much good on as the info we already have on the takeover!

I haven't quite forgiven him missing 2 against Fulham...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Where do you have all this "info" from?

RL or SH?

The ONLY 2 people who know what is at hand are RL & SH.

They havent 100%-ed anything.

RL wants to sell for XXmilliion

SH is the "do-er" if someone shows interest.

RL hasnt said "A takeover will happen"

SH Says "he is in negotiation with parties"

Who is saying/has said "AVFC are no longer owned by RL - xyz have officially takenover AVFC"?

please send me quotes/links/videos......etc

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Sorry to stop you there, but where have you gotten all this from? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1