The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

apparently none of what is happening at Villa is real, it's just the story line for the new Twin Peaks series.

And the sad fact is that some on here will believe it

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We don't just need a revolution, we need a purge and I hope it's as ruthless and brutal as it gets (in footballing terms).

I think the new president of the Philippines should be charged with dealing with our current crop.

• Like 2

The one thing we can all agree on is that we need any takeover to happen speedily now.  New manager/coaching staff to quickly follow.  I personally would like at least these two parts done before the Euro's start as a minimum.  So much to be done on the playing side and no doubt behind the scenes.  Could this be the most critical summer in our history? 

Edited by ferguson1

From TBAR - http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t1781p450-avfc-takeover-thread-rumours-gossip-and-hearsay-all-goes-here

AstonThriller wrote: So Howard Hodgson has just been on BBC WM saying "the Chinese group has done due diligence and Steve Hollis has been over to China to rubber stamp the deal". I know for sure he met with Hollis a few times so maybe that's where he's got it from? Let's hope so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Has RL or SH actually said that a takeover is 100% happening?

Well the statements on the o/s definitely must have been endorsed by them but I would believe King above them anyway. He has absolutely no reason to make public statements about it

Also there is way too much smoke for there to be no fire. This is nothing like last time

Also the fact we have said we will not appoint a new manager until the takeover completes and the failure to appointmt or even mentioning appointing a new chief executive and footballing board. The level of stasis is absolute and not even Randy in his most negligent of moods would fail to address those issues

Something will happen and soon in my opinion 

• Like 3

Can we stop talking about this billion or that billion, it's the Villa we'll get Carson yeung part deux and be playing in red dragons before 2020. I don't care for money I just want someone with a brain that recognises our heritage is our selling point and respects that and uses that wisely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Can we stop talking about this billion or that billion, it's the Villa we'll get Carson yeung part deux and be playing in red dragons before 2020. I don't care for money I just want someone with a brain that recognises our heritage is our selling point and respects that and uses that wisely. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

In all cultures there are people who want to create in their own image, do away with tradition and make a vehicle for their own ends. The Carson Yeung's. There are also many people who respect tradition and see that tradition as a commodity to build upon with respect but progressively. I hope we get the latter, especially if they want to invest wisely to restore our position. 

As much as I find Hodgson dubious in his claims most of the time there is a pretty big difference between chatting shit on Twitter and basically confirming it all on national radio listened to by millions of people. 

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

As much as I find Hodgson dubious in his claims most of the time there is a pretty big difference between chatting shit on Twitter and basically confirming it all on national radio listened to by millions of people. 

Radio WM and millions are two words that do not go together!

• Like 3

Just now, AlwaysAVFC said:

He gets too much unfair stick on here but having said that he didn't sound like he knew much more than anyone else really. Just putting together the bits of info and rumours that are around.

Thanks - I didn't hear him so that clears things up, probably as much in the dark as all of us.