The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Alan Nixon has proven in the past he knows absolutely **** all to do with any club other than Blackburn Rovers. He has continually been wrong about everything else. Especially take over talk at The Villa. 

I don't really understand his obsession with us. Maybe he sees us as easy bait, or just picked us out the hat. Can't claim to know everything about every club after all. 

• Like 3

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Alan Nixon has proven in the past he knows absolutely **** all to do with any club other than Blackburn Rovers. He has continually been wrong about everything else. Especially take over talk at The Villa. 

I don't really understand his obsession with us. Maybe he sees us as easy bait, or just picked us out the hat. Can't claim to know everything about every club after all. 

Your right, he normally writes total bollocks

He is also stating the bleeding obvious!  Multi million pound deal really Alan so more than one million amazing insight!  Nothing will come out till after the game tomorrow at the earliest.  End the abomination of a season and press the reset button.

22 minutes ago, pl6pilgrim said:

No indication of what stage we are at, but Nixon just replied to my question asking as much with he follows:

@pl6pilgrim Its a multi million deal. All details have to be right. Plus approval from Football League. Needs to be right.

"Its a multi million deal" and "all details have to be right" seems to cover just about anything.  And from others have said approval from Football League is standard. 

The "needs to be right" could be interesting as might relate to FFP and investment plans.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah I think he had a bit of info on our summer transfer because he's friends with the Mckays.

If he knew much he could write an article on it or it would be such common knowledge among football journalists that someone else would have already. 

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

"Its a multi million deal" and "all details have to be right" seems to cover just about anything.  And from others have said approval from Football League is standard. 

The "needs to be right" could be interesting as might relate to FFP and investment plans.

It could mean absolutely anything Gary, that's the key to being ITK. 

• Like 1

So.After 109 pages, we can sum up this thread by saying.We might get bought by someone ( but we dont know who ) and they might have a lot of money ( or they might not )......................I see. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So.After 109 pages, we can sum up this thread by saying.We might get bought by someone ( but we dont know who ) and they might have a lot of money ( or they might not )......................I see. 

This thread is all about the journey, the laughs, the japes, the banter.....before the inevitable heartbreak and disappointment. 

Always a winner. 

• Like 4

who the Donald Duck is Alan Nixon????

and its all gone too quiet for me, the press are reporting nothing or very little other than regurgitated stories 

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

who the Donald Duck is Alan Nixon????

and its all gone too quiet for me, the press are reporting nothing or very little other than regurgitated stories 

Mirror or Sun journo, can't remember which and in all honesty don't see much difference. 

Think the press have made up the story that is being regurgitated anyway. I am guessing that any silence is due to us making progress with a sale. Don't think Randy wants to keep us. 

I'm confident there will be a sale. To who and when is anybody's guess. I just wish it would hurry up and go through so we can get on with preparing for next season. It's coming soon and we're still a mess! 

I've no idea what the benefit would be to waiting for the season to be over before they announce it, but I hope that's what's happening and we have an official statement on Monday morning saying the sale has gone through and the new manager is.... 

16 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Mirror or Sun journo, can't remember which and in all honesty don't see much difference. 

Think the press have made up the story that is being regurgitated anyway. I am guessing that any silence is due to us making progress with a sale. Don't think Randy wants to keep us. 

thanks, 3 words sum the bull tweets up for me then, Mirror, Sun, journo

• Like 2

With the interests of the club at Heart......would it not be wise for the buyers and sellers to put a deadline for the deal to be done by.

If they have what is it?

The club can then prepare for next season what ever the outcome.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

With the interests of the club at Heart......would it not be wise for the buyers and sellers to put a deadline for the deal to be done by.

If they have what is it?

The club can then prepare for next season what ever the outcome.

Randy's only concern is selling, and the only concern of any potential buyer is getting what they consider valve for money. 

I doubt either party would entertain the idea of a deadline.

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

thanks, 3 words sum the bull tweets up for me then, Mirror, Sun, journo

Was going to taint good journalists by using the full title. 

That said I think he called a lot of our summer signings first, but a previous poster said he may had an in with agents or something with those players. 

1 minute ago, GeneralJazzman said:

Was going to taint good journalists by using the full title. 

That said I think he called a lot of our summer signings first, but a previous poster said he may had an in with agents or something with those players. 

He called Gestede didn't he? Just as he had called our other signings from Blackburn in the past. Friedel and Warnock. Everything else he has called after the fact, spoken in ITK riddles and managed to cover his arse when wrong. I seem to recall him saying Traore was dead in the water and Amavi didn't want to join, for example. 

I find him incredibly annoying. I don't know if that's obvious! :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He called Gestede didn't he? Just as he had called our other signings from Blackburn in the past. Friedel and Warnock. Everything else he has called after the fact, spoken in ITK riddles and managed to cover his arse when wrong. I seem to recall him saying Traore was dead in the water and Amavi didn't want to join, for example. 

I find him incredibly annoying. I don't know if that's obvious! :)

Didn't notice lol. Yeah someone said he was in with Blackburn bods.

I don't think many people would openly tell the press much, especially as you don't want to be seen being beaten to buying a company by someone else - weakness in business is not usually seen as a good thing.