Doping

penguin

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's probably just testosterone then.

Is testosterone a banned substance? (genuine question, I don't know)

There are natural levels you must stay within.  That was the one thing Ben Johnson didn't do when he was necking the stuff.

• Like 1

MMA has a rather famous Testosterone subject in Vitor Belfort who, at one time, had an exception to use it. It works dramatically good. His deflation since getting off it is staggering.

On- Off - On - Off

MEGsEtp.jpgRLUoV83.jpg

vibel001.jpg

Edited by Tegis

There are a number of MMA fighters who are basically poster boys for doping. You start to get to the point where their heads change shape for pities sake.

Speaking of this kinda thing, I saw a picture the other day of Kante. I've literally never seen anyone who has calves like he does. He has blood vessels popping out there like extreme body builders have on their biceps. It just doesn't look right. But perhaps I'm more of an ignorant observer than I think I am.

I know 90% of those athletes dope. Its just apart of the game sadly, its unspoken in the world of professional sports. I'm completely against it and refuse to believe they do and keep telling myself that they don't dope, but knowing damn well majority of all of them do in some sort of shape or form. Its across all sports! Predominately American football, Boxing/MMA, Baseball, and football.  

When I trained with FC Dallas's first team back in my youth about 4 years ago in the development academy, I witnessed in person a couple of the players literally injecting hgh into themselves, along with test-e.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

**** scum... Should be banned from all sports for 10 years. Kicked out of holding the World Cup and any burger event. Always been dodgy

Sneaky Ruskis

Russia operated a state-sponsored doping programme for four years across the "vast majority" of summer and winter Olympic sports, claims a new report.

It was "planned and operated" from late 2011 - including the build-up to London 2012 - and continued through the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics until August 2015.

An investigation commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) says Russia's sports ministry "directed, controlled and oversaw" manipulation of urine samples provided by its athletes.

It says Russian athletes benefited from what the report called the "Disappearing Positive Methodology", whereby positive doping samples would go missing.

International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Thomas Bach described the commission's findings as a "shocking and unprecedented attack on the integrity of sport and on the Olympic Games" and pledged to enforce the "toughest sanctions available" against those implicated.

• 2 months later...

During this silly World Cup of Hockey tournament that is going on now all doping tests are being done by NHL on their own players rather than by WADA as is usually is in the Olympics and World Championships. Wada and the various national doping authorities have been banned from testing the players. 

The NHL doesn't wan't to risk any of their stars getting caught again, as it's bad press. Is also the reason why they don't wan't their players to compete in the Olympics anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

During this silly World Cup of Hockey tournament that is going on now all doping tests are being done by NHL on their own players rather than by WADA as is usually is in the Olympics and World Championships. Wada and the various national doping authorities have been banned from testing the players. 

The NHL doesn't wan't to risk any of their stars getting caught again, as it's bad press. Is also the reason why they don't wan't their players to compete in the Olympics anymore.

its a pretty farcical tournament though id say ratings will absolutely crash after USA debacle and maybe they wont play it again

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 07:08, sne said:

Lots of sports e.g. Football, Golf and Tennis adopt similar policies to doping. It bad for business if you catch dopers so just don't look for them in the first place.

As for Wiggins the abuse of the TUE system is rampant and it's just legalised doping. It goes on in plenty of sports and it's just legal cheating (if that's not an oxymoron).

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38588913

Manchester City have been charged by the Football Association for failing to ensure anti-doping officials knew where players were for drugs testing.

Clubs are required to provide accurate details of training sessions and player whereabouts so that they are available for testing at all times.

The club has allegedly failed to ensure its information was accurate on three occasions, leading to the FA charge.

Sounds like a procedural oversight, however if they did open the doors on huge, rampant, league-wide doping schemes no-one would benefit.
Not the clubs, players or press and certainly not the Premier League.
Way too many people on the gravy train doing just fine thank you very much.

• Like 1

Hold on I dont want to sound cynical or even a conspiracy but their was allegations of doping at Barcelona and the current City manager has failed a drugs test as a player. Could be all just a coincidence

:detect:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

English 400 meter runner Nigel Levine banned for 4 years for testing positive for banned substance Clenbuterol.

He has bunch of medals from various championships, mostly indoors.

If only he'd been american he could appeal to USADA and get his sentence halved and then cancelled on a technicality and be back competing next year.

Ah well, he's still young. Plenty of time to do a Tyson Gay, or Justin Gatlin, or...

• 3 months later...

Austrian cross country skier Max Hauke caught with his whole arm in the cookie jar when police busted into the house where he was currently receiving a blood transfusion during the ongoing world championships.

ssa.jpg

Oh-oh spaghetti-o's

Busted!

• Haha 1

I think with footy blood doping/epo for endurance would be most prevalent. The number one identifier of someone taking steroids is if they have capped/rounded shoulders. They are almost impossible to achieve without some form of chemical boost. 

• 6 months later...

Another American athlete, Christian Coleman this time. Currently the fastest man in the world on 100 and 200 meters, is free to compete at the WC despite avoiding 3 consecutive doping test.

USADA the US anti doping agency hastily cleared him of any wrong doings after finding a loophole in the rules and moving some dates around so that one of the test falls outside of 12 months.

Instead of 2-4 years suspension he is free to join Justin Gatlin and the other US cheats at the WC.

But boo Russia, they should be banned for life...

• 1 month later...

Doping Scandal Includes a Direct Link to Nike’s C.E.O.

According to emails contained in a decision by the American Arbitration Association in a case between U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and the Nike-backed running coach Alberto Salazar, Parker and other top Nike officials were briefed on several occasions between 2009 and 2011 regarding medical experiments being conducted to determine the effects of performance-enhancing drugs and how much of the substances could be used by athletes without being detected.

After the decision came down, USADA announced on Monday that it had barred Salazar from track and field for four years for violating antidoping rules. As head coach of the Nike Oregon Project, a training group based at the company’s Beaverton, Ore., headquarters, Salazar has worked with some of the world’s top distance runners.

Salazar, in a statement posted on the website for the Nike Oregon Project, said he had always followed the rules of the World Anti-Doping Agency and that he planned to appeal the ban. Jeffrey Brown, an endocrinologist from Houston who has worked with Salazar, also received a four-year ban, USADA said. He denied any wrongdoing.

The USADA report shows how Parker, an avid runner who was known to obsess over small details as a shoe designer but was not known to be a micromanager as the chief executive, took a keen interest in some of the experiments involving a group of elite runners at the Nike Oregon Project.

In an email exchange in July 2009, Brown, the endocrinologist, wrote to Parker to provide an update on an experiment involving testosterone. Taking testosterone is forbidden by the World Anti-Doping Agency and many other national and international sports organizations.

In late June, according to the email, Salazar took a pre-run urine sample from each of his two adult sons, who are not professional athletes, to determine their baseline testosterone levels. He had them run on a treadmill in an environmental chamber at Nike’s labs, then rubbed two “squirts” of a testosterone called AndroGel onto their backs. Their urine samples were again collected and tested.

Brown wrote to Parker: “We have preliminary data back on our experiments with a topical male hormone called AndroGel … We found that even though there was a slight rise in T/E ratios, it was below the level of 4 which would trigger great concern … We are next going to repeat it using 3 pumps … We need to determine the minimal amount of gel that would cause a problem.”

Parker responded by writing that it “will be interesting to determine the minimal amount of topical male hormone required to create a positive test.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/sports/mark-parker-nike-alberto-salazar.html

Full article in the link.

Damn Russians eh.

Â